Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 LastLast

Thread: Random Shit Thread: Redux!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
    There's an AskReddit thread about interesting, but hard to find subreddits and the following post intrigued me, but I thought might be more interesting to some of you that may understand it better:

I am an FCC licensed Extra Class ham, and I can confirm that little SDR dongles and SRD in general is pretty darn fun stuff. Look up APRS as well if you are even the slightest bit interested in this stuff. With APRS you can broadcast your location in real time to the radio network to provide real-time tracking. I do a lot of long distance backcountry exploring and this comes in handy for keeping track of real-time locations for all vehicles in the convoy. Also provides a way to send text messages between each other using our radios when there is no cell service.

If any of you have any interest in getting a license, feel free to ask me questions or advice. The first exam, Technician, gives you access to play around with all of the above, and only takes about a week of light studying before you'll be ready to pass. If there is sufficient interest, we can also start a new thread and i can give a quick guide to getting your license, it's easier than you might think. The hardest part is admitting that you've turned into a super-nerd.

Administrator
    There's a website called aprs.fi that takes the global aprs data and maps it out. kind fun to explore. here's my area: https://aprs.fi/#!addr=Tucson%2C%20AZ

My wife had a nightmare last night. I asked what it was about, expecting her to say I couldn't find the front door at IKEA, or Donald Trump was stalking me, or my mother was sick and we couldn't figure out why, or that she couldn't remember at all. Instead:

"An angry ghost who possessed people and made them kill themselves."

Okay yeah that's pretty fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    "An angry ghost who possessed people and made them kill themselves."
    Reminds me of Fallen. Slightly different, still terrifying. "Ti-iii-iime is on my side."

I spent $200 on a fancy keyboard, and it's going to take me some time to get used to. The keys feel like little bricks when I press them, they go down HARD. I don't know, man. It was an expensive fucker, and I love it in every way except how it types.

Gonna stick with it due to the cost if nothing else. I hate wasting money. Maybe some weirdo would buy it off me, Topre is a brand mechanical keyboard types get excited about.
    Last edited by Macheath; 12-24-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Your link goes to Massdrop.

Why would you like a product that is perfect in every way except for it's intended purpose? :P

Hmm, weird, the link worked last night. Massdrop is where I bought the keyboard. Changed it to something else.

Why would I like it? Because I'm hoping the stiffer key action just takes some getting used to. It's a nice, solid keyboard, and the main reason I got it (the sound of the keys) is also really great. Beats the hell out of typical "clackity-clack" mechanical keyboard switches. It's also my first TKL (ten-keyless) so it's a lot to get used to all at once.

Holy fuck. Dash cams really provide some cinematic footage sometimes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Catastrophi...petroleum_gas/