Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: The Mega Zeldathread

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
    I spent my day off yesterday trying to finish up the Tarrytown quests
    I've never even heard of Tarrytown.

I did a first shot at Ganon and was not properly prepared. I got him to about 10%, but then all my shit was breaking fast and I was out of food, fairies, and Mipha's grace was tapped too. I'm going back in with an assload of ancient arrows and trying again.
    I got Ganon on my first try. In fact, I walked through all of Hyrule Castle and killed Ganon on a single life. Very proud, given that there are 48 Guardians per square inch in that fucking place, and I walked in with 3 ancient arrows and some pocket sand.

I never learned to deal with Guardians, never figured out where to find more ancient arrows (beyond the 4 you get handed by random people), and never got any good at combat in general. Through the first 99% of the game, I simply avoided Guardians wherever humanly possible, and relied on Daruk's Protection to reflect lasers back at them in the few instances where I deemed it necessary to kill one. After spending 1 ancient arrow at some point, I got another 3 and jealously guarded them, deeming them more valuable than my life or sanity.

When I arrived at Hyrule Castle, I flung my remaining 3 arrows at a flying Guardian and didn't even kill it. Better to avoid the flying ones, I guess. Daruk's Protection wore off quickly too, that thing only has 3 charges on it. So before I even reached the courtyard outside the castle, I had to learn to kill Guardians with nothing but a shield and sword.

And I done did it. Yeah boy. I am now a Guardian killing machine, and my new skills carried me in the Ganon fight.

As an aside, the first time I encountered a busted up Guardian, I couldn't barely scratch it. Now it's a one shot with an ancient arrow and the bow from the bird boss.
    Pfffff.

Did you ever buy the house? That's the first step in the quest chain to construct the entirety of Tarrytown from the ground up. It's in the same town as the Tech Center with the young/old girl you go to right after meeting Impa the first time.

Oh, and you buy Ancient Equipment from the Ancient Tech Center way up on the Northeastern corner of the map near that maze.

Did you ever buy the house?
    Buy house? This is Zelda. There are no houses in Zelda.

Oh, and you buy Ancient Equipment from the Ancient Tech Center way up on the Northeastern corner of the map near that maze.
    Ahh, I went there once and promptly forgot about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Threnn View Post
    I used my house entirely too little.
    I kept wondering what the hell this meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Neat stuff. Tarrey Town is a really nice idea.

Also, you linked to a video all about Tarrey Town.

Huh, I guess I forgot about it. I remember thinking the music was a cool idea, and while I played the game I kept wondering when that music thing was going to happen.

What a good game. I'm not even a big fan of open world stuff, but man. What a good game. Love the music (some of which features in this video). Love the point he makes around 16:15 or so, about letting players be done when they're done. I have a compulsive streak, but I was satisfied with my BOTW experience and stopped when I felt I was done. They let me do it, not every game does.

I'm at about 95 shrines, but I like doing them so I want to do all 120. I just am starting to wonder how I even find more. My favorite ones are the ones where I find the bird playing the accordion and he gives me a shrine quest, but I haven't heard him playing in far off areas for quite a while now. There's at least 1 in the dark forest north of where you get the Master Sword, but I haven't even tried going into there yet. Beyond that, I feel like I've been everywhere and am not sure where else to even look. I hate to just go look them up, but am starting to feel like I don't have more options.

I want to play some more as soon as I finish Cave Story. Maybe won't play much, but I do want to at least check out Tarrytown. EDIT: And find more memories!

Drew, I found something for you to spend the next 33 hours on:

Last edited by Macheath; 08-08-2017 at 08:45 AM.

No. I'm north of 70 hours now and my playing of the game came up as an issue in therapy. Probably gonna pull back to just Sunday nights again for awhile.

Meanwhile, Dishonored 2 sits there. Tempting me with it's deliciousness.