Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mega Zeldathread

So I'm 38 hours into the game and finally know that the next step in the progression is the boss fight against Demise Totally Ganon. I never really feel like I know where I'm at in these last few Zelda games and that's ok. Every time I think I'm about to hit the end, there's another whole series of things I have to do. It's both frustrating and exhilarating. I'm glad the game takes this long, but I'm nearly so burnt out on it that I don't know if I care to go back and do all the little side quest things that help really bring the game to conclusion. I mean, I've only got 15 hearts and I'm up against the end boss. That's with 2 full hearts coming from pieces of heart and 3/4 of a third.

The inventory management is a bit interesting in this game as well. Rather than having containers for your arrows/bombs/deku seeds by default, you have to tie up some of your valuable inventory spots if you want to carry more than the standard 10 or so. I've got 5 bottles as well and the 8th bag slot costs 1200 Rupees so I'm constantly having to decide what I want to carry. I tend to be pretty conservative though.

The controls with the motion plus do see quite a bit better than what I remember of twilight princess, but it's been awhile since I played that one. The only real issue I have is when I have to roll a bomb and I have to basically lean off the couch to point and roll the controller properly.

Overall, a fantastic game so far and it's successfully sucked me in. On Saturday I played until 5 am because I kept feeling like if I did this next little thing, I'd be at the end. I had my first feeling like that around 10:30 and finally just said screw it at 5. I got to the final boss while my wife and daughter were at church, but shut it off when they got home since the last boss looks fairly terrifying. And awesome.

Still haven't gotten going in Skyward Sword (what is wrong with me, Skyward Sword + Mass Effect 3 + god knows what else, argh).

But here's some awesome fan art!

The Warlock (Die Hard)
    The Link with the cigarette/joint was a nice touch.

I find it interesting that more often than not in those fan art pictures, the image of Zelda looks closer to the girl in the cosplay video Mac linked than how she looks in any of the games. Pretty good inspiration if you ask me.

Found this on reddit:

I want to play Zelda backwards. You start with your hook shot, fire arrows, slingshot, the whole stack of crap. The world is at peace but the fear of something horrible coming is looming in the back of your mind. You don't know how much time you have left and there is no one for you to pass your hero status to. So you begin to travel. Giving your treasures to old friends to guard and hide. Leaving your weapons at the bottom of forsaken temples and setting traps to keep them safe. Giving the keys and hints to those who will keep the legends alive.

At last you retreat into a cave with nothing but your sword. As a gift from the gods the power from the master sword extends your life as it slowly fades. And there you wait until the day the new hero finds you. And with a smile and hope for a brighter day you can pass along the sword, now devoid of most of its power, to a young man dressed in green with your words of wisdom. "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this."
    I would play the absolute Christ out of that game, and if Miyamoto made it as his farewell to the Zelda series, the whole world would cry.

That would be AWESOME.
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

I, too, would love to play that.

Reading this thread again, as amped up as I was to play Skyward Sword back when I was playing it in January, I haven't touched it since. I enjoyed it a great deal more than Twilight Princess and thought that unlike TP, I'd go back and play it again, I haven't. And now the problem is that it's been nearly 8 months and if I did want to go back and do the last of the things I didn't do, it'd take twice as long since I don't remember how to play as well anymore.

Drew, I'm probably going to buy one of these (and hang it directly above my bed (because then anyone in my bedroom would assume I touch myself while looking at it (which would be true))), but I thought I should mention it to you in case you have any children and want to pass a proper appreciation for Zelda on to the next generation.

Found it here (bigger, better picture of it).

Thinking back on it, Wind Waker is probably my favorite Zelda game.

Have you played Skyward Sword yet? It's pretty good.

Not yet. Too many games. Drowning in a sea of games.