Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mega Zeldathread

It's probably a 40 hour game with 10 hours of extra content which I have every intention of going back to do, but likely won't.

Looking back, I think Legend of Zelda, Link to the Past, and Ocarina of Time are the only Zelda games I've ever played through more than once. I would play the shit out of Link to the Past right now if I could as it's still my favorite. I don't recall exactly how long it takes, but I seem to remember playing through the entire game in a day. These more recent ones are just too much of a time commitment to even completely finish, much less finish more than once. It's too bad really.

I just hope someday I can play them again with my kids, or watch as they play them.

Yeah, you really can't beat any Zelda game from the past 10-15 years in less than 30 or 40 hours. Not playing at a normal pace, anyway. I'm sure there are weird speed run freaks out there who can beat Wind Waker in 4.8 hours or something.

Skyward Sword is so high on my list. So high. But it's a complicated situation involving Mass Effect 3, a hundred games on Steam, and a healthy dollop of self-loathing.

Watching your kids play Zelda is the only reason to have kids, if you ask me. (No one ever asks me.)

Playing Don't Break the Ice with my kids is pretty awesome. It was probably my favorite game when I was little and gave me a pretty solid base of understanding of physics. Probably. Maybe.

When I was a kid, I could never decide whether it was more efficacious to make lots of little taps, or one big smashing tap. I think at that age, the logic of pulling off a Band-Aid quickly seemed like magic, and was something I tried to apply to all other aspects of life.

Declan uses the "smash hard, smash often" method. Usually his first turn is the last turn of the game.

The Great Fairy's triangle boobs always freaked me out a little.

Basically sums up every Zelda game.

Well, it's slightly less weird than the weird-ass violin chick. But it's still a little weird.

For the Zelda nerd in your life, Dark Horse is releasing a limited edition hardcover English translation of "Hyrule Historia" in February.

There's also a less fancy, non-limited version coming, for those of us who AREN'T MADE OF GODDAMN MONEY.

It's $35 on Amazon, or under $20 if you have Amazon Prime. You spend that on weird ass games on Steam you never play probably monthly.