Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gnorloinia

New Gnorloinia

With the new game dropping on Friday and our server restarting here's a new thread!

My first thought... When you start the new server can it be from a cool seed like this one Drew posted?

Yes, however it's been a few versions since then so I'm thinking that seed may not actually give us the same world.

Wow, that is a pretty cool looking seed/world.

I'm feeling like I want to play some Minecraft, now that the "real game" is coming out and I don't have to worry so much about the world vanishing suddenly.

Shall we plan out land plots like we did once upon a time? A new rail system? A monorail in the sky, tunnels beneath the earth?

Watch me be the impetus for a ton of planning, and then play for 20 minutes.

Well crap. If the seeds don't work maybe we can try a couple before settling in on one?

We didn't make squares in the last one (before the movie set) but we stayed pretty well away from each other. The long rail lines off to far places seemed to work pretty well and let us keep good distance.

Maybe we can just lay claim to a place, build a monolith of some sort, and everybody just stay a respectable distance away from each other.

I wasn't a huge fan of the land plots. They were too gigantic in my opinion and led to stuff being way too spread out. Even WITH the rail system it took forever to get anywhere. The last time we reset we just let anyone build wherever and it seemed to work out. Maybe this time we should try to build a cool little town/city somewhere and then go out into the wilderness for projects that won't fit.

Not that I'm invested, but I will point out that with a new world, you may want to decide if you want any mods to go with (that may add additional resources) now. That requires a lil more effort in the server setup, and for those that connect (zomg, download your mods! Drop them in a folder!!). The benefit though is more to mess around with, and some fun project potential.

Well thought out ones that come to mind(and that I've tested):
    Redpower (better redstone systems, wires, bundling, and compacted logic arrays)
    IndustrialCraft^2 (Adds several ores, electricity, machines, power tools, and nuclear reactors for those that like a challenge)
    NetherOres (adds ore-spawning with some challenges fitting for the nether)
    Last edited by nyyx; 11-15-2011 at 01:22 PM.

I agree with gnorlin. A town would be pretty cool or something with some close residences and maybe a rail and tunnel system. Before if i wanted to run over and check out someones place to see if anything new had changed it became a trip that just wasn't worth it.

Ill be in for this when I return from vacation.
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

I like the "town" idea. Do we lay it out in city blocks?

As far as mods go, I vote for leaving it as is for now. If you ever get the multi-world thing going lets go nuts with flying nuclear unicorn cheese factory mods.