Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gnorloinia

Yes, even a town needs some planning. It would be awesome to have roads and curbs and alleys between high rises.

here's a video for discussion...

but if we want it to be that pretty we better allow "give" because I am not mining and baking that much stone or glass

Duh, yes we need give. Hell if I'm going to play a whole lot if I need to mine up all my materials. Digging and adventuring are fun, but building is way funner.

I like the town near the spawn point idea, but the distance issue between people's places was negated by having the nether portals. You could travel massive distances between places using the roads we built down there. I'm all over helping lay that out again for those of us that want a bit more space to play with quite a distance away from the hustle and bustle of everyone else.

Plus, then when I build a giant 1/2 finished cathedral, it won't be an eyesore.

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    but if we want it to be that pretty we better allow "give" because I am not mining and baking that much stone or glass
    or it would start as a shanty town that would grow to become a thriving metropolis as we gather more resources! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Duh, yes we need give. Hell if I'm going to play a whole lot if I need to mine up all my materials. Digging and adventuring are fun, but building is way funner.
    If we're having /give, then I'm for sure building far away from all that nonsense. I built what I consider to be some pretty damned cool stuff without /give in the last world, as did most of those of us that stayed active there. Hell, that entire rail system that went all over was done legitimately. I guess if others really want it, whatever, but I'd much prefer not doing that so we have reasons to build massive traps and perhaps have an economy for trading resources and materials.

Like I said if we want that pretty I'm for "give" otherwise I prefer the normal settings.

Have the spawn point be in a small village, perhaps near an abbey, with a road leading to the main metropolis.

Personally, i don't care in regards to /give, though it allows for us to create some really nice things.
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

My only requests are the following:

1. The new start point has no snow anywhere near it
    2. Kyrin has no say in anything

I don't feel I'm asking all that much here.