Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

EXCITEMENT!

I listened to the first episode this morning. Was definitely confused at first because, from the start, they just kinda threw you into a scene with new characters and little context as to who they are. It was good though. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by gnod View Post
    Season 2 won't happen until the TV show is green lit or shot down but it will happen...eventually
    The show did get picked up by a "studio", Facebook . I have no desire to watch a show on that platform so I'll probably never watch it

I tried to listen yesterday and it wouldn't download. I'll try again today.

Facebook is making TV shows?

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    Gimlet Media has a new story podcast, called Homecoming. Similar to Limetown in the story telling aspect. In fact it seems like a ripoff of Limetown. Speaking of Limetown I haven't heard anything about new episodes yet, I wonder if they got hired away to new projects.
    Did anyone else listen to this? I listened to the whole thing last year, it was great. Drewbie, this is the one with David Schwimmer. Listen to it.

Big fan. Dig it. I think they're pitching it as a TV show. Scratch that it is available as a Prime Original series. Motherforker! How did I miss this??? https://www.amazon.com/Homecoming-Se.../dp/B07FNZ35DV

Julia Roberts stars in it!!! Ok, that's my new show to watch ASAP.

But you should also listen to the podcast, it's excellent.

Aw man, Julia Roberts instead of Catherine Keener? I like Catherine Keener. Oh well. The podcast really had a good cast.

Yeah, it's odd they wouldn't use the same actors, but you know, Hollywood has to fuck up everything that is good. :shrug:

Anybody watch it yet? I did. It was pretty excellent, actually. Once you get over the differences, and once the show starts pulling some storytelling tricks that aren't possible in a podcast, it gets real good. Episode 8 in particular was a killer.

Dang, I started the first episode then got distracted. Amazon just doesn't sit in my brain as "a place to watch things". I'll get back to it.

Highly recommend the Amazon episode of "Why Is This Happening?" I work with Amazon all day every day, I buy shit on Amazon constantly, my city was briefly in the bidding war for "HQ2," and hearing it all laid out sure makes them sound insidious. The brief discussion of the Great HQ2 Contest toward the end (starting at the 46 minute mark) was especially revolting.