Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorlin View Post
    The Nerdist - Chris Hardwick and a couple of his comedian friends host a podcast about nerdy shit. Their guests are mostly other comedians or nerd icons. With comedians as guests they tend to get bogged down with which locations are the best to do comedy at and other stuff that you really have to be a working comedian to care about. They also do "hostful" episodes with no guests which I actually think are the funniest unless they get a guest that's just there to have fun and riff with them.
    I've been listening to a bunch of these lately. Chris has done some pretty kick ass celebrity interviews. Some I've listened to recently include Tom Hanks, Larry King, Joseph Gordon Levitt, and David Tennant. They seem to be very real interviews with real people just having a conversation. Usually over 45 minutes they get going pretty deep and discuss interesting things you'll never hear on Letterman or other scripted interview shows. Check it out on your favorite listening medium. I find them on Stitcher (recent eps.) or Tunein Radio (archived eps.) but I'm sure they're also available on iTunes, the Nerdist website, etc.

Apparently I liked Tom Hanks so much I already posted about him, then completely forgot about it.

Administrator
    A few days ago on Reddit the nerdist guy posted the exchange between him and Hanks when he asked him to be on the show. it was awesome. Nerdist sent Hanks a super rare typewriter from the 30s (Hanks is apparently a gigantic typewriter collector) and Hanks typed back a funny letter of acceptance

EDIT: here's the reddit thread:
    I sent Tom Hanks a 1934 Smith Corona typewriter with a typed invitation to come on my podcast. This was his response.

and here's the response from hanks:
    ppBPV.jpg

Also on Nerdist ... NPH. He's amazing. And apparently is doing a show for the Nerdist Channel.

Some other good ones:
    Henry Rollins
    Ben Folds (TWICE!)
    Alton Brown <3
    Joan Rivers
    Bill Nye

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorlin View Post
    Some other good ones:
    Henry Rollins
    Ben Folds (TWICE!)
    Alton Brown <3
    Joan Rivers
    Bill Nye also
    Haven't heard the others yet.

Joan Rivers was awesome! I can't wait to see if she shows up on the Nerdist Youtube channel, or her own show.

Listening to the Wil Wheaton episode recorded at SModCastle. They mention a letter Chris wrote as Doc Brown. Open letter to Marty McFly.

Quote Originally Posted by brien View Post
    and here's the response from hanks:
    ppBPV.jpg[/edit]
    Thanks for posting this, they mention it in the episode but I really wanted to read it.

Listening to the new Nerdist with the Wachowski's and Tom Tykwer. All I can say is Lana has a weird voice.

Anybody have recommendations for podcasts about space and space exploration and cool spacey things?