Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

Star Talk with Neil Degrass Tyson is cool but maybe a little too jokey, I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for.

I have a slight crush on NDT so that could be just want I want.

I want to hear about cool things in space, plans to use solar sails, capturing asteroids, new planets, shooting space junk with lasers ... you know, cool stuff.

If you don't have at least a slight crush on NDT then you're probably not human.

I love it already. His voice makes me hot, then he talks nerdy and I mess my pants.

Good call Gnorloins.

Sometimes I wish I had patience for podcasts.

I'd like your post if I could. I hear about so many great podcasts that seem interesting to me, but I can't make it more than 5 minutes before I yelling at them to get to the fucking point, or I've been interrupted so many times that I just don't care anymore.

I've been doing a fair bit of mindless drafting at work so it's a good way to keep my right brain from eating my left brain.

Does anybody listen to Tech News Today? If so do you ever get annoyed that Tom seems to cut off and argue with Iyaz? Today (3/26 ep) they're discussing T-mobile's new "non-contract" phone plans and Iyaz says "I don't think it's that complicated..." then Tom cuts in with "OH NO, IT'S COMPLICATED ALRIGHT, IT'S REALLY COMPLICATED." Then Tom's explanation went on to almost prove Iyaz right. It's like Tom wants to piss in Iyaz's cheerios to mark his territory.

I don't listen to podcasts, but just now I tried to listen to the "SModcast" episode of Fat Man on Batman featuring Grant Morrison, and I couldn't understand a fucking thing Kevin Smith was saying so I turned it off after like five minutes. GREAT

He likes to ramble a bit at the beginning. Give it another 10 minutes and the guest should get to talk. You should go back and listen to some more of those, I found them interesting and I'm not even a comic book guy.