Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeon Defenders

I played a the first level as a solo game this morning as a huntress and it was pretty easy because most of the mobs funnel through those two ramps so I can put my shit there. I played half of the second level and it proved to be a lot harder there because traps do nothing to direct mobs so I couldn't concentrate them in one area and fill that area with traps.

Gnorlin, you need to go to your tavern to pick up a very nice Huntress only weapon that's just laying around there.

Or maybe it's not. Did you pick up the DLC packs they were selling for cheap? It might be part of that. If you didn't pick it up, I'll gladly give you the one I got though.

Yeah I didn't get the dlc packs. I should have but I completely spaced on it and it's probably expensive now.

Apparently people are buying this gun I'm talking about for something like 2 Billion mana. I may have to urge you to just buy the DLC packs rather than giving this to you.

As to the cost of the Mana, apparently prior to the last patch, you could give yourself unlimited Mana somehow. That's why all the top scores on the levels are something like 10,000,000 points rather than something realistic.

Oh look it's still cheap, yay.

Thanks Mac.

I made fun of Drewbie for being obsessed with the pets in this game, but actually, looking at some of these... even if they don't do much of anything, the stats on these things are generally nuts. Having a pet is like gaining an extra 1.5 gear slots.

&*%$^&#%^ Steam servers are busy, please download later. Finally start downloading and its sllloowwww. Not that I have time to play tonight...

Okay, I can solo the second level ("Foundries and Forges") on Insane difficulty, but the ogre at the end of the third level ("Magus Quarters") has 300,000 hit points and can one-shot me. I need a better plan that will let my towers do the hard work, which is what I did for the ogre at the end of the second level.

I did get a level 45 sword called "Legendary Flaming Scorn Edge," though! Now I just have to get to level 45.

In the mean time, I tried the "upgrading" thing you can do with items, gave my current sword two upgrades for a total cost of ~13,000 mana. +1 tower damage, +1 tower radius. Worth it? Jesus, I don't know. That's pretty pricey, and it only gets worse.

Well, I have a new favorite way of farming money... I can solo the "Alchemical Laboratory," the level with the demon end boss, on Hard difficulty in about 11-12 minutes. That nets me over 40,000 mana, plus several more green/upgrade items per run that are worth an additional 5,000 to 50,000 each, should I elect to sell them to the bank.

I've only done it twice so far, because I don't really like farming all that much. But it's making me better and more efficient, and if I end up needing money at some point and I haven't found an easier way yet, boy... watch out.