Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeon Defenders

Monks can't build walls. I can't solo shit.

Now, I can kill the hell out of giant groups of mobs, but I have no way to funnel them. My auras are lovely, but incapable of doing much to the high HP guys, who apparently immune to all of my auras. I was really hoping the ogres would set foot in my angry auras and just wreck all the other guys around them. Alas, it did not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
    Monks can't build walls. I can't solo shit.

Now, I can kill the hell out of giant groups of mobs, but I have no way to funnel them. My auras are lovely, but incapable of doing much to the high HP guys, who apparently immune to all of my auras. I was really hoping the ogres would set foot in my angry auras and just wreck all the other guys around them. Alas, it did not work.
    Yeah it seems like most of the classes are bad at working alone, especially when mobs are coming from a lot of directions at once. Though according to that one WTF is Dungeon Defenders video you can build defenses with any of your characters and then switch back. So you could theoretically make some walls and then switch back to your monk.

Most levels funnel bad guys for you... I do use the spiked barricades here and there, but most of my defenses consist of the "slice and dice" thing and ballistae. For example, the level I was talking about:

You can pretty much just focus on the areas I circled in green. In fact, 95+ percent of the guys will go through the two choke points on the right, you could very easily defend the ones on the left yourself, with no towers at all.

Holy spit. Remind me to do the "Ogre Crush" challenge later. The reward is ridiculous.

Oh wow. I have a "blood rage" skill I haven't bothered using at all, focusing instead on my defenses and base damage. Well, blood rage basically doubles my DPS. So I need to start using that.

Dawww, Jesus. Orcs Must Die is $3.74 today. FUCK YOU STEAM ARRRRGH

Honestly, these two games are pretty similar, and I'm really enjoying Dungeon Defenders at the moment, so for now I'll give Orcs Must Die a pass. But some day, definitely. Probably when it costs way more than $3.74. I'm making a mistake, aren't I?

When I played the demo, I felt like I was way too easily able to headshot everything. But the game moves a lot faster. Which makes it feel a little more shootery and a little less tower defensey, so I guess. Whatever, it's neat but I'm not buying it. I don't think. Right now, anyway. Probably.

Last edited by Macheath; 12-07-2011 at 12:25 AM.

For some reason I didn't find Orcs Must Die (demo) as interesting as Dungeon defenders. I really can't put my finger on it.

DAMMIT I AM TRYING TO SAVE MONEY HERE!
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorlin View Post
    For some reason I didn't find Orcs Must Die (demo) as interesting as Dungeon defenders. I really can't put my finger on it.
    Oh, me neither, definitely not. And I don't know why either. I do know that when the guy in the demo video for Dungeon Defenders compared it to a cross between freaking Diablo and freaking Desktop Tower Defense, that was the moment I was sold on that game, but Orcs Must Die... can't put my finger on why it was less exciting once I actually tried it. But that doesn't mean it isn't worth $3.74 and a longer look at some point. Which is why I'm conflicted.

Orcs Must Die is definitely worth only $4. Its really fun and has some cool puzzles. Its not worth doing it more than one time through on a different difficulty level. Dungeon Defenders is just like OMD except for the multiplayer aspect. I thought it was a bit more fun and worth the $15 I paid for it when it was released.