Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Computery questions

Try DOSBox or something similar. It's intended for DOS games, but it's just a DOS emulator. If it's not suitable, there may be another.

Has anybody used this particular video backup solution? I've run across it several times but never pulled the trigger to buy it. It seems like it should work, but it's so hard to tell. I know there's a free thing out there and I tried it but it wasn't very user friendly. I'm hoping for a brainless point and click solution.

Administrator
    http://motherboard.vice.com/en_uk/re...ers-with-magic
    When nasty viruses infect the computers of folks up in Northern California, Reverend Joey Talley is on it.The Wiccan witch—who is also an ordained minister through the State of California—not only offers services for people struggling with romantic heartache, depression, and other ailments, she also exorcises viruses from computers.
    “No problem is too small, too big, or too weird” is Talley’s motto. Sure, she can do a love spell, but she’d rather face off with ghosts and demons.

Yes, well. Northern California.

I got contacted by a small business owner in Marin county. She had a couple of different viruses and she called me in. First, I cast a circle and called in earth, air, fire and water, and then I called in Mercury, the messenger and communicator. Then I went into a trance state, and all I was doing was feeling. I literally feel [the virus] in my body. I can feel the smoothness where the energy’s running, and then I feel a snag. That’s where the virus got in.

Then I performed a vanishing ceremony. I used a black bowl with a magnet and water to draw [the virus] out. Then I saged the whole computer to chase the negativity back into the bowl, and then I flushed that down the toilet. After this I did a purification ceremony. Then I made a protection spell out of chloride, amethyst, and jet. I left these on the computer at the base where she works.
    And then I ran MalwareBytes.

Google Calendar question... I got a link to my training program from Garmin Connect. In Google calendar I can subscribe to that html link and see it on the Googles. I would like to merge that data with my "Training" calendar. It appears I can do it one event at a time but I would really like to just merge the two completely. Yes I searched it, yes I tried many things. I'm assuming this a function they don't want to make easy for some reason.

Can you export them (as a CSV for example) and then import?

I searched "google calendar import events" and got this.

I think the trick is that it's somehow protected. I can view the whole training plan via the link in my calendar, but if I try to print a hardcopy it only shows 30 days of the events.

Drewbie asked last night what kind of standing desk I have. It's a Jarvis by Fully. Specifically, I got a 60"x30" contour bamboo-top adjustable Jarvis, with wire management grommets and a black frame. I love it, it's sturdy both low and high, the motor runs pretty quick and isn't too loud, and the top looks nice.

Administrator
    I can also confirm awesomeness of both the Jarvis desk and the bamboo top. I've had a Jarvis at work for a few years, and when i transitioned to working from home full time last year the very first thing i did was buy a new Jarvis desk for my home office and I went with the bamboo top.

Get the programmable memory handset, and for the love of god GET A CABLE TRAY. my biggest regret in life is not getting a fucking cable tray.

I got a programmable thingamabob too, but I just use it to go between 2 levels (sitting and standing) that I programmed in. It has room for like 4 levels. I guess maybe two people could use the same desk.

Didn't go with the Jarvis cable tray, though. I bought an Ikea SIGNUM instead.

My greatest regret, at this point, is using the adhesive cable ties Fully packed in with the desk. The adhesive strips suck, and fall off the bottom of the desk. I'm just going to peel them off and replace them with something from 3M one of these days. Or use some Gorilla Glue.