Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2565737475

Thread: Money

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    It's a bloodbath! The S&P 500 is down 5% in the past week, rapidly approaching "correction" territory.
    Last week I initiated the transfer of my stupid annuity over to my Vanguard account, I'm curious how the transfer will go. At what moment my assets will be liquidated and how much will actually end up being transferred. If it were sitting in the Vanguard Money Market account right now I'd probably happily leave it there for a week or more until the market seems to have leveled out.

I did my taxes all by myself yesterday! It took about 90 minutes and I'm paying in roughly the same I did last year so I feel pretty confident I did things right. That said, it's more than I'd like to pay in, so I may play with some things to see what I can do to offset that. If I can throw that amount of money to charity instead, I may just do that. If that's not the right avenue, I'll bounce around my deductions a bit or something. $3500 is just a bit more than I'd like to have to kick back annually if I can avoid it or spread it out at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    I just logged into Citi's and Chase's websites
    Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    Last week I initiated the transfer of my stupid annuity over to my Vanguard account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
    I did my taxes all by myself yesterday!
    Everybody's so grown up! I'm proud of us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
    That said, it's more than I'd like to pay in
    I always get a refund. It's starting to bother me. I'd fuck around with my witholdings, but I just got married last year, added another allowance and will be filing jointly for the first time, so I need to give it another year to get acclimated to the new setup before I can make any tweaks.

Yay us!

My transfer status is still stuck on the first checkbox so I sent them an email. I'm worried I didn't finish something or need to fill in additional information.

Don't worry it's only your entire life savings