Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: board games

board games

I'm sure we already have this thread and I can't find it, please ridicule me now.

This cool screen came out of CES... http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/14/27...-gaming-screen

Looks like fun!

I was looking for the link I posted here earlier and instead found this amazing gaming table. For the discerning DD player.

Now that is pretty damn sexy.

I have a feeling Tei might end up picking that up if he sees it.
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

DD? I assume that stands for Dungeondragon, the hot new game from Vietnam! :china:

That "Sultan" table is ridiculous. Awfully pretty. Requires a $4,500 deposit. Deposit! I'd probably be too paranoid to throw dice on the wooden top, they should have made it leather or felt. God damn. It does have a removable acrylic surface, though I wouldn't want to throw dice at that either. It'd probably be $800 to order a replacement.

The "ePawn Arena" is cool. I wonder how the hell much all those little pieces with microchips or whatever are? Reminds me of Skylanders. I'll have to ask my friends-with-kids-who-play-Wii about that one, I don't know how pricey Skylanders shit is.

Looking at some of the rest of the stuff at GeekChic now. Fun!

Oh look, best of both worlds! http://www.geekchichq.com/furniture/locus/

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Reminds me of Skylanders. I'll have to ask my friends-with-kids-who-play-Wii about that one, I don't know how pricey Skylanders shit is.
    I play Skylanders with my 8 year old daughter. I saw the game kit with two characters and the "portal" thingee at Fry's for $60. You can buy a 3 pack of characters for $20, or a single character for $8.99. It's *brilliant* marketing. The more characters you have the easier it is to make it through levels because when one guy "needs a rest" (i.e. dies) you can just pull him off the portal and put a new guy on and pick up exactly where you left off.
    - Definitely

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    DD? I assume that stands for Dungeondragon, the hot new game from Vietnam! :china:
    I'm cheap, the guy at the store said it was "just like the original".

And yes, the locus is super cool. I wonder if you can play Pac-Man like those old table arcade games.

I might take a crack at building something like this during the summer

http://www.geekchichq.com/furniture/rift/

I got caught up in the Skylanders/EBAY craze, I figure I am down $30-$50 as the figures became available all over again in late January. If I had to guess, we are $250+ into Skylanders, and the kids won't play now guess Level 15 is too hard, and I don't have time to finish it for them. sigh..........

I see those tables at Gencon every year, the dudes who sell them have the biggest smiles on their faces by Sunday because they make a killing! What a job!

BTW, I have a Hex and Stump Smash N.I.B. for sale, pm me if those are rare in your area.
    Last edited by thumblewort; 03-09-2012 at 07:25 AM. Reason: tring to get my money back