Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sherlock (BBC)

Sherlock (BBC)

Has anybody else seen this yet? I think I'd heard of it, but I've never looked for an episode. It sounds great, though.

And oh look, season one on DVD!

Just got done watching season 1 on Netflix, and oh my god holy shit shit shit it's real good. Now I've got to figure out where to watch season 2.

Well, a quick google search later and I found this. No idea what it is, but if it lets me watch season 2, I'm all for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Just got done watching season 1 on Netflix, and oh my god holy shit shit shit it's real good. Now I've got to figure out where to watch season 2.
    On a scale of 0 to Doctor Who, how good is it?

Doctor Who is on my list, but I haven't watched any of it yet. Sherlock is co-produced/written by Steven Moffat, who serves the same role on the new Doctor Who series, so I assume they're of similar tone and quality. Though I'm 100% certain Sherlock is less corny/campy.

I'll check it out while I'm off work for a week with my soon to be born child.

Wowwwww. The second season was so good.

Well, okay, episode 2.02 was kinda "meh," but the other two episodes were so fantastic they outweighed it.

I feel weird calling them "episodes." They're really movies. Sherlock and Watson are perfect, Irene Adler is amazing, Inspector Lestrade and Mrs. Hudson are fantastic, and I'm running out of superlatives but holy shit, Moriarty is a mad genius. I mean, a lot of movies and shows have portrayed characters as "mad geniuses" before, and many of those have been great, but this version of James Moriarty is one of the first that I can recall being so freaked out by (at least on par with Heath Ledger's Joker). He's ingenious, and absolutely beyond-the-pale insane.

There are minor to middling plot holes all over the place, but I was able to ignore them easily enough. Inexplicable leaps of logic are excusable in characters like Sherlock Holmes and James Moriarty.

Can't recommend the show highly enough!
    Last edited by Macheath; 01-20-2012 at 02:42 AM.

Are there more than 3 episodes in season 1? Cause that's all that shows up on my Netflix.

Ah. I see it was only 3 episodes. I also see that I can either wait til May to see Season 2 air on PBS here in the states, or go the computer route.

Perhaps Netflix will get them sooner than May.

Also, to answer Gnorlin's question, it has two writers from Dr. Who running production on this. It's very Who-vian, without most of the funny bits and witty banter. I was 1/2 way through the second episode before I really got into it, but the third really pulled me in and has me wanting more.

I would say with only 3 (6 if you're willing to do a bit more legwork) episodes involved at this point, it's worth your time to check it out.

No more Sherlock until Fall 2013.

And season two still isn't on Netflix. Sheesh. (It is out on DVD and Amazon VOD, though.)