Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avatar (the non-shitty one)

Finished the last few episodes this morning, loved it. It makes me want to watch the original series again. Apparently they're planning three more seasons of Korra, but goddamn, that's gonna take years.

I was surprised by some of the voice actors they've got... J.K. Simmons (I had to look it up before I had any idea it was him), Lance Henriksen, Daniel Dae Kim, and a bunch of others. Including Steve Blum, who is awesome, but honestly I think he'll pretty much do any voice acting.

Dog is waterbender.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just watched the season 2 finale of Korra. It was awesome and beautiful. Highly recommended, especially if you have kids and don't need to feel like a weirdo watching it as an adult!

I cracked up when Tenzin/Kya/Bumi were lost in the spirit world.

TENZIN: "We've been past that same spirit mushroom five times now."
    BUMI: "That's not the same mushroom!"
    MUSHROOM: "Yes I am."
    Last edited by Macheath; 11-24-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Burning my way through season 3 of Korra now. Glad I waited until it was done airing. This show is so good.

All done. Awesome. Legend of Korra has been outstanding in its antagonists, and Zaheer is no exception. After the world-ending superpowered bad guy of season 2, Zaheer could easily have been a letdown, but nope.

Zuko, Azula, and Fire Lord Ozai were decent villains in the original series, but Korra's bad guys are better: more interesting motivations, better strategies, more inventive use of their bending powers.

Also, I should mention it feels like it's getting more grown-up as we go. Maybe they're trying to age along with their audience or something.
    Attached Images Attached Images

We don't have a "cartoons for kids that I like anyway even though I'm not a kid" thread, but this'll do I guess.

I just started watching Steven Universe, and the theme song zapped me right in the memory hole:

Spent like an hour trying to put my finger on it, and finally realized what it was. Then to my delight, I found I wasn't the first:

We watched all of Adventure Time with the kids and honestly I probably would have watched it without the kids. It's a very weird show, but I really enjoyed it. It's got Jon DiMaggio as a shapeshifting dog. It's got Tom Kenney as the annoying/evil/tragic Ice King. What more could you ask for?

I'm liking Steven Universe more and more, the further I get in.

The way they do their world-building over time is fantastic. Every episode is 10 minutes, so they don't just spoonfeed you a bunch of exposition... they introduce things one at a time and everything gets slowly layered together, element by element. The very first episode, you start watching and you're like "what the fuck is a crystal gem yo" and they don't really explain it so much as they let you figure it out.

I'm ~40 episodes in now, and there have been hints of some very dark stuff sprinkled in here and there. It's not all kittens and moonbeams.