Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Path of Exile (catchier than "free-to-play Diablolike")

Okay, so here's something else I want to try. Follow along with me here.

A Marauder. Right? A Marauder dual-wielding wands. Is that amazing or what?

Also, I just realized that if you count the frames in the Tibetan sequence at the very end of video #2, and take into account that I was capping at 29.97 FPS... it was less than 1/3 of a second between the instant that yellow Mammoth Plate appeared on the screen to when Drewbie scooped it up. Bravo!

From what I've read you pretty much don't use wands once you get to higher levels. so you could probably do it but it wouldn't be that great.

Even if you're dual-wielding them, and you have all the wand damage/accuracy/etc. powers? I don't buy it, mister.

Actually, I suspect you don't really get to shoot two wands if you're dual wielding them. You probably just get the stats from two wands -- which, while way better than a wand + focus, is probably not worth traveling across half the map and expending a ton of skill points.

I just have this vision of a huge burly barbarian guy clutching two tiny wands and firing off mana-free concussive blasts at an incredible rate, and it won't get out of my head.

The "Noisy Cricket" was your favorite gun from MiB wasn't it.

Wasn't it everyone's?

I had no idea how power charges work, but this thread clears things up. There's a skill you can get called "Power Siphon" (I don't think I've ever seen it) which, if you use it to hit something with your wand, will give you a power charge. You can stack two power charges at any given moment, they last for a finite number of seconds (10?) and then fade away, and they each boost your crit chance with spells. So I guess you'd use Power Siphon a couple times, then cast spells, then mix in another Power Siphon or two periodically to keep your stack at 2 and your crit chance maxed.

Also, I just realized you can load up your character's equipment, inventory, stash, and build through the POE website.

You can increase the number of power charges using your passive tree. I think I've seen 3-4 of them for each "class" of power charge (there's one for strength, one for int and one for dex) they have different names and have their own trigger skills, but I think their function is the same.

Guess who's level 14 and striking a blow for gender equality in her hilariously oversized helmet?

HAMMERWENCH!