Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steam Thread Of Steaming

Okay, so... really, this still means I need a PC in my living room, right? This isn't some kind of "Steam Box" self-contained console. I guess it's a step in that direction, though. Sounds like "Big Picture" is closer to the OS that a hypothetical Steam Box would run.

But for now, I still need a PC and a controller, and probably a mouse/keyboard to navigate through Windows to get to Steam in the first place. At least that's how it seems to me.

I heard "You can get Big Picture anywhere you can get Steam." So yes, you still need a PC.

Well, the reason I ask is that there's been a rumor floating around about Valve putting out a console of some kind. This is sadly not that, but it's close enough to being that that I had to wonder for a second... and now that it's out, I'm guessing this is what the rumor was about, and there will be no console. Which is sad if true.

Or, just connect your TV to the internet, which a lot of new TVs allow for nowadays.
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

You're suggesting I can play Skyrim with my TV and an internet connection? Because Steam? I think you're missing a step or two there, Rocket.

How to move your Steam installation.

putting it here so Equoria can find it next time he screws his whole computer up

Short version: copy the Steam folder to wherever, delete everything inside it except for the "steamapps" folder and the "steam.exe" binary, then fire up the .exe file and Steam should start and repair itself in the new location. Voila.

Somebody in Australia is trying to reset my steam password. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to be working. Good times.

That upside-down motherfucker!

Which reminds me of this article about Steve Wozniak being funny.

Whoah. When did Steam start doing this?
    Attached Images Attached Images