Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: General forums related crapola

Administrator

Thumbs down General forums related crapola

A new version of vBulletin was released yesterday so I upgraded us today. It looks like the main new feature is integration with some mobile app called Forum Runner (Google Play / Amazon App Store / iOS App Store) There's a free version that gives you read only access to the forms, but I splurged for the $2 version which gives you full access (posting, uploading pics, etc) to give it a try. It's not bad, but could definitely use a "New Posts" link, since that's the main way I use the forums.

EDIT: if you install it, just search for "Reebosak" and the forums should show up. add it to your favorites, yadda yadda yadda

Administrator
    oh, hmm, there's a "Current" button that seems to be the "New Posts" functionality. :bday:

Well that's pretty sweet. A great deal cleaner than trying to use the forums through the browser.

Increased the videos-per-post max to 5. There were two settings, they were not in the same place, and neither was easy to find. I will not document their locations here, because that would be cheating.

Administrator
    so, i had this plan of updating the server today, what should have been a 15-30 minute downtime became a few hours as i become sidetracked at work and quickly forgot that i had taken the whole server down. with Mac's moral support to help me along, i've managed to get it done and bring the server back up again. YAY COMPUTERS!

Administrator
    just did another version upgrade today. i think it was just a security update, no new features.

ratlhead
    Bah, where's my personal thread for posting sick stuff?

Disappeared two forum crashes ago.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
    Disappeared two forum crashes ago.
    QFT

welcome back, ratlhead!

Why am I deleting like 40 posts/threads every day? Did the "prove you're human" part of the registration process get shut off again?