Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: General forums related crapola

How do you bookmark a link to the newest posts with the latest upgrade? I don't like the activity stream since I'm only interested in following certain threads...

Nevermind figured it out.
    Last edited by bret; 05-28-2012 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Nevermind figured it out.

well share, I didn't figure it out.

Not that it got used much.....but assume the chatbox is history ?

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    well share, I didn't figure it out.
    Click on "Forum" and bookmark that page? Or on "New Posts" and bookmark that? It's mostly Internet 101 down here, boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Click on "Forum" and bookmark that page? Or on "New Posts" and bookmark that? It's mostly Internet 101 down here, boss.
    this worked well until the link broke. I was stuck on a "no new posts" page, until I clicked "New Posts" again. Any idea how to make a permalink to the "new posts" feed?

http://forums.reebosak.net/search.ph...e=vBForum_Post

Just put that in a bookmark. Edit the bookmark if you have to.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    this worked well until the link broke. I was stuck on a "no new posts" page, until I clicked "New Posts" again. Any idea how to make a permalink to the "new posts" feed?

i have always booked marked the New Posts page. works just dandy. PROTIP: You will have to edit your bookmark after you save it and set the URL to: http://forums.reebosak.net/search.php?do=getnew or else you will just be bookmarking the result set

Quote Originally Posted by brien View Post
    PROTIP: You will have to edit your bookmark after you save it and set the URL to: http://forums.reebosak.net/search.php?do=getnew or else you will just be bookmarking the result set
    that's the bit I was missing! :tmyk:

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Turns out there's over 8000 members on the forum with 0 posts, so I'm working on purging them from the system.
    We already had another 400+ "payday_loans_027" users cluttering the member list (after less than a month), so I deleted them all and swapped the forum's human verification over to reCAPTCHA. If you hate captcha, sorry. Don't register a new account. :P

Administrator
    Lets hope that helps. I think i had turned reCAPTCHA on a while back but it made no difference so I switched it back. I probably did something wrong back then, so hopefully it works this time