Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Animations and Short Films

Animations and Short Films

I don't want this to get lost in the (currently) 88-page "Random Videos" thread. It's just too cool. So I'm making a new thread!

I started watching it expecting to be underwhelmed, but then I couldn't stop watching. Really really good.

This animation, Crayon Dragon, was made by California Institute of the Arts student Toniko Pantoja as a second-year project. Along with an absolutely lovely soundtrack and a fluid style that comes across as "Impressionist Don Bluth," Pantoja weaves a poignant wordless narrative in all of three minutes.
    link

I have no idea what this is, but I love it! The setting is like a cross between the "I, Robot" movie and Half-Life 2.

god, that crayon dragon was actually very touching.

Wow, neat:

The Ventriloquist is a poignant short film written and directed by Benjamin Leavitt that stars Kevin Spacey about “a man and his doll that he may depend on too much for social interaction”. It was the first place winner in the United States division of the Jameson First Shot international film competition. The competition was created by Jameson Irish Whiskey and Kevin Spacey’s production company, Trigger Street Productions, to discover talented screenwriters and directors from South Africa, the United States and Russia. The prize winning film from each country had their script made into a short film by Trigger Street Productions, starring Kevin Spacey.

Kevin Spacey commented this about the competition:

I want to give talented people out there a shot at reaching their goals for the first time. Jack Lemmon once said to me – ‘If you’re doing well, send the elevator back down’. I’ve done incredibly well and it’s because the material I found early in my career was from first-time writers, first-time directors, first-time playwrights. If it weren’t for that talent I wouldn’t have a career. So if one person gets a break then the competition has been successful.
    Would be pretty amazing to have Kevin Spacey turn your screenplay into something this good. Or to direct him yourself.

Been sitting atop Reddit for a couple days now. Amazing for any level, let alone a student project. And it's so short! How can you not watch it?

"Level Up" is kinda fun!

Administrator
    My new favorite movie on YT:

I have just realized that babies are always drunk.

A blind girl and her stick.

Interesting film on social interactions in today's digitized world