Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

That's pretty spot on Mac but I think you're forgetting about Mike. So far I think the season's been pretty good. I'm just bummed that they're going to split it 8 episodes now and final 8 next year.

I just finished the last two episodes of season 3 and that was enough to keep me awake to watch the first episode of season 4. Holy shit did every-fucking-buddy get super dark all of a sudden. I mean, clearly people had their issues, but good lord!

Great show!

Yeah, seriously dark.

I thought season one was pretty damn good, and then season two was way better. Then season three kind of turned it up to 11. And beyond all belief, season four blew the lid off again. From what I hear, incomprehensibly, season five is the best yet. This shit isn't fair to mortal television.

What Gnod said, I forgot about that open plot hole. If anyone know about a BB season 5 marathon coming up, I'd like to catch up that way, commercials be damned.

I finally got caught up last night. What a show! Sad to see one of my favorites go in the latest episode, but you kinda saw that coming. The teaser from the beginning of the season Walt on his 52nd birthday in the diner takes away some of the concern for what happens with him moving forward, but there is still a great deal more that can happen in a year. I mean, it blew my mind that the entirety of the show so far has taken place over the course of one year. Jesse's line in the first episode about Walt "Breaking Bad" was pretty damned accurate.

Believe it or not, that shot has stuck with me, and I've wondered ever since I saw it how they accomplished that. Good to know the answer is, more or less, "pure luck."

Got caught up on season five, watched the first seven episodes.

I love bad guys, and I love anti-heroes, and I love watching good guys fall from grace... and yet, Walt has become so utterly despicable, even I'm having a hard time enjoying watching the show at this point (it's still very good, just hard to stomach). When I suggested that Walt was going to be the villain of his own show, Jesus Christ... I had no idea the extent to which they were going to push this envelope. They're pushing it far.

I mean, there's dark, and there's dark.

The "midseason finale," if that's what they're calling it... was a freaking masterpiece. Wow. Every minute of it was gorgeous and packed with emotion. I'm stoked as all hell for the final eight episodes next year.

It's been kind of clearly happening for a while now, but it occurs to me that I have no idea when the transition really took place; it was subtle. But at the start of the series, Walt had this "Heisenberg" mask he'd put on when he wanted to be a villain, and he didn't always wear it very convincingly... but Heisenberg slowly took over, and now it's perfectly obvious that "Walt" is the mask, and he doesn't always wear it very convincingly. When did that happen? Jesus. Well, it took five years, and now here we are.

Oh, and I know where we're going in these final eight episodes, that's for damn sure. And I'm terrified.

Walt finally had his taste of an empire, he paid Jesse back (and Jesse was scared to death of him), he got his kids back (and his wife's scared to death of him, too), and now Hank has finally caught on to what's been happening under his nose. This guy's a really good detective. Somebody's shooting somebody else, and then that somebody's gonna shoot two or three more other somebodies, by the end of this show. It's going to be ugly as sin.