Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pot

pot

I'm a busy man, there are too many internets to sort this week, I can't sit here and watch this whole thing now.

But this is a documentary about "the forces behind cannabis prohibition." If you're curious.

On the other hand, if you're an opponent of marijuana who wants his opinions reinforced, here's a rebuttal video:

I'm too busy to spend my time verifying the information from any of these quoted sources. Are you kidding me? I have internets to sort. I'll just post these two videos and muddy the waters.
    Last edited by Macheath; 06-18-2012 at 11:45 AM.

When I am around pot smoke, I can't breathe as my throat closes up.

That's more than enough for me to not try the stuff.
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

The nice thing about legalizing marijuana is that almost nobody who hasn't already tried it would bother picking it up. It's that accessible. Raise your hand if the only thing keeping you from smoking pot is the fact that it's illegal. Anyone?

People who want to smoke it do so now, and people who don't want to smoke it wouldn't be asked to... of the curious ones (who I suspect are a minority), some large percentage would be like you: they'd try it once, their bodies would reject the notion of smoke in their lungs, and they wouldn't do it again.

Count me in the "meh" crowd. I'd leave it be. But it might be nice to go out and grab a pack of filtered pot cigarettes rather than a bottle of wine, depending on the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Raise your hand if the only thing keeping you from smoking pot is the fact that it's illegal. Anyone?
    *Raises hand*

Really, that's the only thing that keeps me from partaking on a regular basis. My wife is pretty adamant that I don't do anything illegal and silly though that may be, it's good enough reason for me not to get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrin View Post
    When I am around pot smoke, I can't breathe as my throat closes up.

That's more than enough for me to not try the stuff.
    That's why they invented pot brownies.

The nice thing about legalizing marijuana is that almost nobody who hasn't already tried it would bother picking it up. It's that accessible. Raise your hand if the only thing keeping you from smoking pot is the fact that it's illegal. Anyone?

People who want to smoke it do so now, and people who don't want to smoke it wouldn't be asked to... of the curious ones (who I suspect are a minority), some large percentage would be like you: they'd try it once, their bodies would reject the notion of smoke in their lungs, and they wouldn't do it again.

Count me in the "meh" crowd. I'd leave it be. But it might be nice to go out and grab a pack of filtered pot cigarettes rather than a bottle of wine, depending on the crowd.
    I would say that most of what has held me back in the past is the fear of failing an employment related drug test (a policy that could still be in place even if the stuff was legal). I did have to take one to get employed at the Postal Service. Other than that I haven't really found any of my pot experiences to be all that fun, it just makes me spacey and want to go to bed.

I'm still in favor of legalization even though I don't particularly care for it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorlin View Post
    That's why they invented pot brownies.
    And vaporizers! Pot vapor doesn't have nearly all the burned shit in it that pot smoke does. And it doesn't stink up the joint.

Been around those too. Throat still closed up.

Maybe my body just has a very averse reaction to the stuff.
    Oooh, shiny!

Could just be a straight up allergy.

Either way, I'm not going to be going near that stuff anytime soon.
    Oooh, shiny!

doesn't stink up the joint.
    Ha!