Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Song of Ice and Fire: George R. R. Martin never wrote anything called "Wild Cards"

Song of Ice and Fire: George R. R. Martin never wrote anything called "Wild Cards"

So we need a new thread in which to lament the lack of new books from Martin that aren't about jokers and aces.

George went to Australia and got sick for a few days. Obviously he's going to die before finishing these series, and (as george loves to when his fans call it) 'Pull a Jordan' on us.

Also, he has a lot of new castings up for the HBO series.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/?skip=10

Feel free to moderate the hell out of this thread title.

It's good that George is having fun, but he's been complaining about being sick for like two months now or something. Also making disturbing posts like this. The man is not of the age to be doing this!#@!@#

I fear for George, oh how I fear.

Are they still writing Wildcard books? There were tons of them like ten years ago when I started reading them and gave up soon after the first couple. Jeez.

Somehow I found myself between half a dozen women who want some explicit male/male scenes in the books
    No. No. Pathetic internet slash fiction bitches stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    No. No. Pathetic internet slash fiction bitches stay away.
    Curious - what would you say to requests of explicit female/female scenes? Or are they already in the books?

There are about 4 women in the books at all; 2 of them are children and another doesn't really so much have a head, so no. Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
    There are about 4 women in the books at all; 2 of them are children and another doesn't really so much have a head, so no. Not so much.
    Ah, then that's rather different from when I stopped reading them. And thank God I did, apparently.

You really should finish them, but take your time. Otherwise you'll end up like the SSJones up there; all pissy and indignant.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
    There's more than 4 women, also there's 2 girl-on-girl bits that I can think of. Are you sure you read the right books?

Quote Originally Posted by liss View Post
    And thank God I did, apparently.
    Huh?