Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Song of Ice and Fire: George R. R. Martin never wrote anything called "Wild Cards"

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
    You really should finish them, but take your time. Otherwise you'll end up like the SSJones up there; all pissy and indignant.
    So true.

Drewbie is wrong though, there are more than 4 women in the books. There's like 6. Three are underage, one is incestous, one is some evil priestess (I guess that has some potential), one is dead or something. There were some more, but I'm pretty sure they all got killed.

As for the Fanfic girls and their requests, the only possible solution is Jaime and Tyrion.

Quote Originally Posted by liss View Post
    Curious - what would you say to requests of explicit female/female scenes? Or are they already in the books?
    I don't give a shit about gay homosex of either gender. Male-on-male is not something I care to read in graphic detail, especially, and something tells me GRRM won't want to write it. But whatever, equal time for homos of every stripe.

What I hate is the extremely incredibly creepy slashfic community. If GRRM caves to pressure from that corner of this dark, dark universe, then there clearly is a God, and He has forsaken His creation.

Quote Originally Posted by liss View Post
    Ah, then that's rather different from when I stopped reading them. And thank God I did, apparently.
    Eh? Why, because there's no sweaty doodle-rubbing action?

Thank God I stopped reading the Wild Card books if there aren't women in them. There were some good characters. But if Drew's off on some tangent, I suppose I can take that back.

Ohh. Drewbie was talking about ASOIAF, not Wild Cards. You're actually the one on a tangent, despite the terrible topic of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Ohh. Drewbie was talking about ASOIAF, not Wild Cards. You're actually the one on a tangent, despite the terrible topic of this thread.
    I said in the first post you could moderate the hell out of the topic! Moderate away!

Edit: Oh wait, I'm slow as well as lame. You already did. Thanks! I like this title too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorlin View Post
    There's more than 4 women, also there's 2 girl-on-girl bits that I can think of. Are you sure you read the right books?
    Oh yea, now I remember the girl on girl bits. They were pretty brief though and I read the books so quickly that I don't remember all the details. I need to reread them.

So, I've found the only thing I don't mind George spending all his time on (Asides from writing Ice and Fire), is blogging about all the awesome locations they are filming different scenes for the HBO series at, and about actors beating each other up on the set.

Minnesota nerds rejoice and congregate in Roseville for Days of Fire and Ice this weekend, with autograph signings and other shit.

George at work, spending more time editing our most beloved contributions he has made to the world of fiction.

Can someone convince this man to sell/offload the editing work for this series to someone else? Please? This one isn't even new - but they added three stories, and I bet he spent a fucking month editing this shit. For Fuck's sake, if I counted up the number of these that have been released in the last decade, I think I'd do something that would result in jail time. More Song, less crap that sucked in the mid-80's, and still sucks today.

Just think how awesome it will be once he releases the other half of the book he released 5 years ago, so we can wait another 5 years for him to actually advance the timeline. That'll be pretty cool. Can we get him to re-edit and re-release the Songs books in a way that doesn't result in him writing himself into a corner he feels he can't get out of without wrecking the story?

Thanks, George!

Oh and btw - those actors that were beating each other up on the set? Yeah, those were The kid's wolves. The doggies didn't get along apparently.

You're really a one-note piano, aren't you?