Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Weekend projects

Looks good Drew! You seriously didn't include a SINGLE secret compartment? Are you feeling ok?

I know. There's so many hollow areas too. Nothing saying I can't add one, especially now that I know where the shelves and books will cover seams.

I'm jealous. I'd love to build a library in my house some day much like this. Nicely done!

I'm wondering if I can find enough supplies in the deserted wasteland to make one of these bad boys. It's a Juicy Lucy. Patty stuffed with cheese (probably mozz), grilled onions with black garlic (tall order, though they have it at Costco) on a piece of thicc toast topped with an over easy egg.

I shall make it my weekend project.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Please don't, the hospitals are already overwhelmed. Your heart attack will only make the situation worse.

Not a weekend project, more like an afternoon. But I did spend the preceding weekend psyching myself up to bake bread for the first time, so I guess it took the full 48 hours.

Before and after proofing, and rolling up one loaf with a layer of fig jam:

1.beforeproof.jpg 2.afterproof.jpg 3.figjam.jpg

And the finished product:

4.baked.jpg 5.cross.jpg 6.closeup.jpg

All told, I just ate WAY TOO MUCH BREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post

All told, I just ate WAY TOO MUCH BREAD
    Nice job!

Now you need to learn how to make your own sourdough starter and start baking sourdough bread. Then you need to send us all a loaf.
    - Definitely

Sourdough is too high stress for me. You have to keep your starter alive and make bread more often than is really healthy. I tried early on in the pandemic and I just couldn't get into it.

I started construction on my deck this weekend. Because I don't have a ledger board on the side of my house and didn't want to try to tie in to the concrete blocks of my foundation since I can't get access to the insides of them, I'm building a freestanding deck next to the house. The city recommended it cause then I wouldn't need a permit. I dug my 8 footings and poured 32 bags of concrete this weekend.

I do have a question for the structural guys Nynny though. The plans I downloaded have the deck frame supported on top of the 6x6 posts rather than attached to them through carriage bolts and brackets. Trying to get all 8 of those posts cut to level with each other to rest the deck on top is daunting. Would 2 carriage bolts through each posts and into the framing not be sufficient for a deck roughly 34" off the ground or should I be trying to get it on top of the support beams?