Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend projects

You are a dick on a grand scale sir.

Mac, it looks great and does exactly what you set out to do.

I like it, I really do!

Finally got my ducks in a row and made a tile sheet of pennies. Number 1 of 25. (tried to upload, but my 43 KB .jpg file is "Not a valid image file." according to reebosak.)

I didn't set a timer, but in two hours I washed several hundred pennies, set the template, and made one tile. So I'm assuming I can churn out one tile in less than an hour now that it's all set up.

My biggest problem is that I used nearly a full tube of epoxy for that one tile at a price of $4. With the +$2 in pennies, plus the mesh, etc. ... I'm pushing $7 per square foot. I've got to find a more economical epoxy or this is going to be spendy. Granted there was some trial and error but not more than 10% waste.

On the whole I'm happy with the result. Now I just need to find some friends to help and my 24 hours of labor will be done in no time!

That's just to make the tiles. You've got probably another 10 in laying them and grouting.

good point. Good thing the room is less than 25 square feet.

You know what would look awesome? Silver dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    You know what would look awesome? Silver dollarsGold Doubloons.
    Fixed

You know, not exactly a weekend project, but how cool would it be to buy a plot of land out in the backwoods somewhere with a shitty house on it, and then live there while spending your weekends building a new and better house next to it? 2-3 years later, you tear down the shitty house and BAMMO your property is now worth more.

http://imgur.com/a/JvxOI

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    (tried to upload, but my 43 KB .jpg file is "Not a valid image file." according to reebosak.)
    You could always include the link you put on Facebook. Or are we not good enough for your Facebook posts?

Or perhaps he doesn't want all of us to view his facebook page and learn who he is.

There are hackers everywhere you know.

Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!