Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Indie Games

No idea if this game's any good (it looks pretty good), but the trailer is awesome.

http://www.nimbatus.ch

Okay, it looks really bad. But this review:

Lost a leg, bled out crawling through the desert, rescued by slavers, became a slave, became a master locksmith, crawled to my freedom, slithered around peoples homes at night, learned to steal, incarcerated again, rinse, repeat. Finally made some money, hired a man to carry me, named the brute Hodor, travelled the world, found a new leg, became a master thief, almost died +20 more times, hired many more members, started massive rum operation which grows into a full living city.

Now I stand atop my tower as Hodor trains armies to raze slaver encampments, as my scientists build state of the art prosthetics, as my logistic and agricultural personnel fuel the operation, as my turret gaurds shoot slavers for practice, as my smiths craft armor and blades 10 times more expensive than what I was appraised as a slave. There will be blood.

Extraordinary people find their own way. At times the path may seem to end. Keep your head up, the sun will break through.
    It's like Dwarf Fortress in 3D.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/233860/Kenshi/

Heard about it in this thread.

I am not kidding - this game took twelve years to make and was finally released a couple of weeks ago.

The map is the size of the Isle of Wight.

It's a real sandbox, and you can play whatever kind of game you want to play in it.

Farm cactus and make rum. Set up a world-class weapon production house. Make and sell clothing. Or hashish. Or bandanas. Build a town. Roam around with your band of tame goats. Fight the holy empire. Free the slaves. Buy the slaves. Capture people and sell them as slaves. Journey through the most imaginative and gorgeous terrain I've ever seen.

I have well over 900 hours in it. It's a fucking masterpiece.

Bonus trivia: There are some places in the swamps where you'll run across guys in villages selling drugs and fish, the two most common local products. It's the only game I've ever seen where walking past an NPC can prompt them to call out

Well, I now know what I'm doing over my lonely Christmas weekend.