Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Indie Games

As far as I know, god games have had "tree harvesting" and "mana" since, like, Populous in 1989. Perhaps Godus innovated by combining the two concepts. In which case, yes, I guess this shitty new tech demo is basically identical to Godus.

Godus was created by the same guy that came up with Populous so that makes sense.

Eh, whatever. I liked the game for a bit, but it got weird and every time I started it up they'd rolled everything back and changed enough fundamentals that I felt I needed to relearn everything. Early adopting was a huge pain in the ass.

Peter "Promises, Promises" Molyneux

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    And while we're on the topic of indie games, here are two surprisingly unrelated upcoming titles I'm interested in, titled BELOW and INSIDE.
    INSIDE came out a couple weeks ago. I bought it, played it, beat it without any spoilers (or looking up any puzzle solutions). And I loved it. Reeeeal good, and exactly my kind of fucked up.

I recommend. If you liked LIMBO, this is more of the same, just even more outrageously beautiful, and considerably more fucked up.

I saw SLIME TIME and for some reason now I want to try playing it later. There's a whole crapload of games on this itch.io site, in fact.

I can appreciate that it looks awesome, but this game would give me a panic attack and/or seizure instantly.

Wow, the Humble GameMaker Bundle includes not just a bunch of games (made with GameMaker) but also a bunch of source code for said games, and GameMaker Studio itself. Neat!

That's pretty compelling.

Actually that's very compelling, gamemaker studio pro is $150 on Steam, the Html 5 module is $200, The android/ ios/ windows mobile modules are a total of $900. All for $15.

While buying some stuff on the Humble store, I took a look at this pack. Then I remember I'm not even a tiny bit a programmer so I turned and walked away again.