Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeons & Dragons

Dungeons & Dragons

A friend just sent me this video, and it got me thinking about the fact that we don't have a D&D thread. Some day, I'll post some synopses of characters I've played and campaigns I've run over the past 5-6 years of getting to know tabletop RPGs myself, but for now let's just start with a video.

If you found a viable way for us to play over Skype or something, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

There are programs out there that allow you to basically have a chat room with a grid board that everyone can see. I can't think of the name of the one I used, but it worked pretty well. Once I find it I'll post it.
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

Here's a browser based program that might be the kind of thing you're looking for. Built in video chat, text chat, random number generators, custom macros, built in image finder for making maps. I think it's in a kind of "open beta" right now, and it's free unless you want the premium subscription.

If any of you dice rolling gamers want to make a geeky wedding proposal look no further!

Quote Originally Posted by drajl View Post
    Here's a browser based program that might be the kind of thing you're looking for. Built in video chat, text chat, random number generators, custom macros, built in image finder for making maps. I think it's in a kind of "open beta" right now, and it's free unless you want the premium subscription.
    I haven't explored it much yet, but Obsidian Portal seems to be a promising site full of interesting tools. I haven't seen anything to indicate that it supports running campaigns entirely online, but that doesn't mean there's nothing there. It does seem to be more about organization than the logistics of gameplay, but even if it doesn't support gameplay directly, it probably lists other resources which do.

Regarding online D&D programs, WOTC supposedly has a "Virtual Table," but I can't seem to find it on their site anywhere. Googling it, it looks like it's been canceled and picked up again once or twice, so I'm not sure what the current status is.

Actually, it seems like it's just plain canceled now. GameTable Online is picking up development of the product, though.

Or, you can check out Paizo Game Space instead.

Oh, and here's a whoooole lot of painstakingly organized fantasy images and maps.

I'd give up WoW for a weekly D & D session, or Call of Cthulhu group, I miss pen and paper gaming a lot.

I've played one time ever so I'm not the guy to try to get something going, but I'd seriously be down.

I'd be interested too.

Never played before though.