Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help a Minecraft know-nothing dad

If they want to play together or at the same time, or if they want different player skins then they would have to each have an account. Otherwise they can share the same account with no problems.

A new batch of questions!

1. Can MC be played on PS3?

2. If yes, and 2 accounts are made, can my kids play together if one is on the computer, and one is on the PS 3?

3. Ultra weird question - so, in October my oldest had a friend sleep over. Unknown to me, they were playing MC on the computer I play WoW on, the friend loaded a link and used his account info. So I have been trying to run the demo on the link the kid made, but it runs so slow that it is unplayable. Would a paid for account run differently, because they were playing MC at full speed 5 months ago with a paid for account.

1. No, there's an XBox 360 version of minecraft but to my knowledge you can't sign on to servers created for PC players, but I don't have first hand knowledge.
    2. Nope.
    3. I don't know, I've never used the demo version. It doesn't make sense that they would cripple the demo they're using to tempt new users. Minecraft is notorious for being poorly optimized though, so maybe some new feature is running poorly on your computer.

The machine is 8 years old, I am surpised it still runs WoW, let alone the MC that Zach's friend had over. I tried to get him to get the kids login so I could test my theory, but no dice.

There is a PS3 version of the game. Similar to the Xbox360 version you can play co-op on a split screen. The PS3 supports up to 4 at once.

Both console versions also support online multiplayer, but they work through their various proprietary networks (live gold vs psn). Thus you can't connect between console and pc.

Not sure about your question regarding the demo. Maybe uninstall and reinstall it. Or go to the minecraft site and see what is up. I tried the demo on my machine back in Dec and it worked fine. Played for ass on my son's laptop. Thus we got them a 360 and the game for xmas since that was way cheaper than building computers for it.

PS3 version:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...tion-out-today

Ok, sweet, PS3 may be the way to go. I hate buying old tech, but Isaac will be 9 in May and has hinted to wanting this. Anyone have a PS3 for sale?

This may not be your situation, but in my own experience my son went from being okay with just getting the game and playing coop on xbox 360 to wishing he could play online with other friends. Cuz, you know... kids... not happy since cabbage patch..

Well, I'll revisit this with my wife, but the fact is that we have a perfectly fine laptop computer that I know runs MC (see above post with slumber party kid) but she won't allow the kids to get it because the computer is "hers". I agree that the computer version is best, but I am trying different angles to let the kids play.

Sooooooo, anyone wanna let me know their username and PW so I can do a test on my old computer?

I never bought the pc version. Only tried the demo. Sorry.

I'll try to remember to send you a PM tonight. I don't recall what it is off hand and I can't check it from here.