Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: What should I watch next? - the suggestion thread!

Quote Originally Posted by liuv View Post
    We just binged Black Mirror a couple of weeks ago, and found this looking to see if it'd been discussed at all. I am now a fan of that show. What is your favorite episode so far? Have you seen season 4, yet?
    I have not seen season 4 yet, it's way at the top of my list though. Probably dive in once I finish Altered Carbon.

The episodes I remember the most (so far) are "National Anthem" (1x01), "White Christmas" (2x04), and "San Junipero" (3x04). National Anthem because it was the pilot, and it really slaps you across the face with a wet trout to get things started off right. White Christmas because it has Jon Hamm and is an awesome episode. And San Junipero because the internet would - not - fucking - shut - up about it, and I thought it was decent but the previous episode ("Shut up and Dance") was probably better, and the season 3 premiere ("Nosedive") was much more disturbing.

Finally got around to watching season 4 of Black Mirror, and it was good! I liked it. I'll probably watch Bandersnatch tomorrow.

First and last episodes were my favorite, but all the episodes were pretty strong. Even "Metalhead," which has the lowest rating on IMDB by far, though I think that was probably just because it was in black and white, and kids hate black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    I'll probably watch Bandersnatch tomorrow.
    Just watched it.

At first, I thought maybe people were going nuts for this because of the interactive aspect, and I reasoned it was just a bunch of folks who've never played a video game before, so it was novel to them. Really though, the interactivity is an important narrative device. It's a unique piece of work.

I appreciate it for what it was: ambitious, inventive, and an experimental forerunner. But I was fairly bored if we're being real.

I'm almost caught up on Blacklist and I'm looking for what's next. I'm thinking along the lines of Nikita, Alias, Dollhouse, etc. I also really liked Continuum.

Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    I'm almost caught up on Blacklist and I'm looking for what's next. I'm thinking along the lines of Nikita, Alias, Dollhouse, etc. I also really liked Continuum.

Suggestions?
    Watch Dollhouse for sure. The first season is entertaining, but the second season is way better.
    - Definitely

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    Nikita, Alias, Dollhouse, etc. I also really liked Continuum.
    So... strong female protagonists and spy shit. Have you seen Orphan Black? How about The Americans?

Those sound interesting! I tried Orphan Black once, but I don't think I got far enough in to care. Haven't seen The Americans yet.