Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What should I watch next? - the suggestion thread!

We just finished Fargo last night. It was good, but I really hope it's done. There's no meaningful way for them to continue, and a prequel wouldn't be the same. I mean, you could do a season about the deaf fella and his partner or Lorne Malvo's history, but you'd lose the small-town charm and funny accents.

I would be ok with an odd-couple buddy-cop comedy with Key and Peele though.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    • The Wire
    • Castle - jumped the shark
    • Sons of Anarchy
    • Downton Abbey - pretty good
    • Spy
    • Hunted - Melissa George's boobs
    • Homeland
    • Archer - quality
    • Adventure Time - mehhhhh
    • Modern Family
    • Mad Men - I need to catch up
    Just finished up season one of Homeland. The first four episodes are boring, and spiral in a downward trajectory as you view them. If you stick it out just as you're about to lose hope, though, the show gets quite a bit better. I'm probably not going to pounce on season two right away, but all things considered I like it so far.

Utopia is another BBC series I may take a look at.

Eventully I'll catch up with Walking Dead, last 8 of Breaking Bad, and An Idiot Abroad.

Currently watching Alias and I'm hooked. I love the early 2000s tech. Some guy whipped out a flip screen pocket computer that was totally rad.

I loved Alias. Until some time in the 4th season, anyway. I can't really remember why I stopped watching. But for a while there it was amazing, watched it every week back in 2004 or whenever.

My wife and I finally got around to watching Orange is the New Black. We've just finished season 2. It's way better than what I was thinking based on how far downhill Weeds ended up. We've really been enjoying it. Red, Taystee and Poussey are my favorites and Piper and Larry can go die in a hole as far as I'm concerned.

Also some others that are good, but haven't been mentioned in this thread specifically:
    Veep - SOOOOOOOOO good, except I felt like S3 was a bit less funny than the two previous seasons.
    Silicon Valley - hilarious, though makes me very glad I'm not running a startup
    The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail - Available for free on the comedy central site, There's only 16 or so episodes at this point but if you like standup/live comedy, it's a very good show.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorlin View Post
    Red, Taystee and Poussey are my favorites and Piper and Larry can go die in a hole as far as I'm concerned.
    I read an article that basically made the case for killing (or releasing) Piper and letting the show carry on with more interesting characters. They probably won't, but I'd still watch it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorlin View Post
    Also some others that are good, but haven't been mentioned in this thread specifically:
    Veep - SOOOOOOOOO good, except I felt like S3 was a bit less funny than the two previous seasons.
    Silicon Valley - hilarious, though makes me very glad I'm not running a startup
    The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail - Available for free on the comedy central site, There's only 16 or so episodes at this point but if you like standup/live comedy, it's a very good show.
    All of these are on my someday list. I religiously listen to the Nerdist podcast and I'm really excited for some of the stuff Jonah has coming up. He's funny.

Watch Unbreakable and Fifth Element before they are gone from Netflix in two days!

I just watched the first with my kids and they liked it lots. They've already seen FE before, but I have that playing anyway and they just sat down and are watching it again. (I have FE on dvd anyway)