Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What should I watch next? - the suggestion thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Need to watch Castle myself... is it on Netflix or Hulu?
    Castle is on Hulu but I'm not sure if they have old episodes even with Hulu Plus. Don't expect too much out of it, it's a fun show and has Nathan Fillion :heart: but it's not a groundbreaking series.

I also went berserk for "The Shield" and "Rescue Me" at some point in the past, but stopped watching them both after 3-4 seasons or so. I see Rescue Me on Netflix, I should catch up.

Also, since everyone here loves Doctor Who so much, and because I've made this comparison in the past (though I'm not sure how apt it is)... we should have a conversation about Stargate.

SG-1 takes a while to find its footing. Give it a break, it's a non-Star Trek science fiction show from the late 90's. The first season is rough, the second season is better... and then seasons 3-6 or so are just amazing. Awesome. Season 7, the writers started to kinda coast. Then they mixed things up when RDA retired, and they brought in Ben Browder and Claudia Black from Farscape, and suddenly the show was great again in seasons 9-10. And then it ended, sadly, though I think they could have gotten more mileage out of the new bad guys.

Atlantis, I enjoyed, but stopped watching after a while. I should go back and rewatch that.

Except, shit, I don't see either show on Netflix or Hulu. Nooooo!

Stargate Universe was pretty good. Great premise, they didn't do as much with it as I thought they could. Kind of a darker show along the lines of BSG. And that does appear to be on Netflix, at least.

Ahh Stargate Universe, I'm still miffed that it didn't start to get good until after it was declared cancelled.

On NF, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, and South Park. If you have HBO, sign up for HBO GO, and watch Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, and the sex shows.

I am getting close to finishing up the wire and it has lived up to the hype it gets (so far) in my mind

Oh man, The Wire is something I've been avoiding, but I may not be able to for much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    The Wire
    Also, people have been going fucking berserk for Downton Abbey. So I should watch that, too. My personal list so far:

• The Wire
    • Castle
    • Sons of Anarchy
    • Downton Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorlin View Post
    I watched 7 out of 8 seasons of Weeds and it felt like the last 2 seasons I watched I was just watching to see what happened, not because I was actually enjoying the show.
    I do pretty much agree with this assessment of Weeds, by the way. The characters have gotten a lot less wacky and interesting, and the plot has started to drag. But the first few seasons are good.

There's a couple other new BBC shows I want to check out, too:

Spy: Comedy about British spies/intelligence.

Hunted: Drama about British spies/intelligence.