Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming to theaters near you

Coming to theaters near you

Here's a list of upcoming movies for 2013, discuss.

I haven't read the whole list, but I know I have a man crush on Tony Stark.

edited to actually post the link!
    Last edited by nynnja; 01-04-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Way to post a link to the thing I'm supposed to discuss!

Wow, that was a pretty lame fail. My bad.

After watching Lifeforce over xmas, I'm hoping that Under the Skin is very similar.

• Warm bodies looks very interesting, when I heard the concept I wrote it off as a Twilight clone, but it looks entertaining.
    • The new Oz movie could be interesting but I probably won't see it.
    • My brother claims that The Host is actually not a terrible book and he typically has good taste in books so there's a possibility the movie also isn't terrible?
    • Oblivion looks interesting.
    • I'm excited about the new Star Trek because I loved the first one and I love Benedict Cumberbatch so I don't see how this movie can go wrong.
    • Elysium is also promising to me. District 9 was great and I'm willing to give Blomkamp another try based solely on that movie.
    • ENDERS GAME!! - I just read the book last year so I'm really excited to see it. Though it will probably suck.

Of course Looper has been sitting on my computer for about 3 months waiting to be watched so I probably wont see any movies this year. HOORAY.

Yay for children! I'm in the same boat. I actually thought about starting a thread for "movies I missed in 2012".

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    Yay for children! I'm in the same boat. I actually thought about starting a thread for "movies I missed in 2012".
    I made a thread like that for 2011. I crossed most of the movies off my list over the course of 2012, too, I think. It's definitely time for a 2012 thread.

Edit: Found it!

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    Here's a list of upcoming movies for 2013, discuss.

I haven't read the whole list, but I know I have a man crush on Tony Stark.
    Good list, should be a fun year. In order:

February - Like Gnorlin, I think "Warm Bodies" looks like fun. Also, I have a sort of thing for Emma Thompson, which obliges me to be grudgingly interested in "Beautiful Creatures," even though I know it will suck. "Dark Skies" is going to be just awful, but I want to check it out anyway because it looks like "Signs 2" to me.

March - I knew nothing about "Jack the Giant Slayer," but I'm suddenly very interested. Ditto for "The Croods."

April - I saw "Primer" and am convinced it's an I.Q. test. Take the number of minutes you make it through before your eyes glaze over and you start repeating "huh? wha?" to yourself, multiply it by five, and that's your I.Q. Therefore, the notion that that fucker has made another movie ("Upstream Color") terrifies me. I'm also terrified by the "Evil Dead" remake, but against my better judgment I'll probably see both of them.

Summer Season - It should go without saying that I'll be seeing big stuff like World War Z, Iron Man 3, Kick-Ass 2, Oblivion, anything by Guillermo del Toro, Superman, and Star Trek, but "After Earth" was directed by Shyamalan, and I swore up and down I'd given him his last chance. Can I really give him another one, just because this one's a science fiction movie? I guaran-god-damn-tee you, it's gonna turn out Will Smith dies in the crash and he's a ghost or a hologram or a figment of his kid's imagination for the whole rest of the movie.

July - "The Wolverine." No.

August - "RED 2" and a new Neill Blomkamp movie? Yes, please and thank you!

September - This says "Riddick" is a return to "Pitch Black" form. If that's true, and it has no similarities whatsoever to "The Chronicles of Riddick," then I'll see it. "I, Frankenstein" sounds neat. "The Tomb," Schwarzenegger and Stallone in a high tech prison, I'm sold.

October - "The World's End" ... Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Martin Freeman, directed by Edgar Wright? You had me at "The."

Winter Season - More obvious stuff, big names... "Ender's Game," new Hobbit, new Hunger Games, new Thor... and "47 Ronin" starring Keanu Reeves. Sure!

Evil Dead (April 12) Sam Raimi's famous horror series is back, with an all-new cast.
    An Evil Dead movie without Tom Campbell? Pass.

Ender's Game (Nov. 1)
    Oh I hope it's good. I hope hope hope it's good.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
    I may as well send them a check right now since they're getting my money anyway.
    - Definitely

Quote Originally Posted by RainMan View Post
    An Evil Dead movie without Tom Campbell? Pass.
    You mean Bruce? He's one of the producers