Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming to theaters near you

I can't even believe you took offense to the movie not including Bruce Campbell and then didn't even know his name.

I'm kind of a fan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Speaking of: new trailer last week and nobody told me?? I'll, uh, watch it when I'm not at work.

Quote Originally Posted by gnod View Post
    You mean Bruce? He's one of the producers
    AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! Geez, I've only watched every episode of Burn Notice three times. Don't ever get old, kids.
    - Definitely

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Speaking of: new trailer last week and nobody told me?? I'll, uh, watch it when I'm not at work.
    well that was certainly graphic

TIME TO UPDATE.

February - Like Gnorlin, I think "Warm Bodies" looks like fun. Also, I have a sort of thing for Emma Thompson, which obliges me to be grudgingly interested in "Beautiful Creatures," even though I know it will suck. "Dark Skies" is going to be just awful, but I want to check it out anyway because it looks like "Signs 2" to me.
    Skipped Beautiful Creatures. Warm Bodies was great. I loved Dark Skies, creepy as hell... 36% on Rotten Tomatoes? Fuck the haters.

March - I knew nothing about "Jack the Giant Slayer," but I'm suddenly very interested. Ditto for "The Croods."
    The Croods was pretty good. I somehow still managed to forget about Jack the Giant Slayer.

April - I saw "Primer" and am convinced it's an I.Q. test. Take the number of minutes you make it through before your eyes glaze over and you start repeating "huh? wha?" to yourself, multiply it by five, and that's your I.Q. Therefore, the notion that that fucker has made another movie ("Upstream Color") terrifies me. I'm also terrified by the "Evil Dead" remake, but against my better judgment I'll probably see both of them.
    I haven't watched Upstream Color or Evil Dead yet, too scared.

Summer Season - It should go without saying that I'll be seeing big stuff like World War Z, Iron Man 3, Kick-Ass 2, Oblivion, anything by Guillermo del Toro, Superman, and Star Trek, but "After Earth" was directed by Shyamalan, and I swore up and down I'd given him his last chance. Can I really give him another one, just because this one's a science fiction movie? I guaran-god-damn-tee you, it's gonna turn out Will Smith dies in the crash and he's a ghost or a hologram or a figment of his kid's imagination for the whole rest of the movie.
    Let's see... so far, Iron Man 3 and Star Trek were good, Oblivion was decent, Superman was okay. Haven't seen After Earth yet, don't plan to. Still looking forward to World War Z, Kick-Ass 2, and Pacific Rim.

July - "The Wolverine." No.

August - "RED 2" and a new Neill Blomkamp movie? Yes, please and thank you!

September - This says "Riddick" is a return to "Pitch Black" form. If that's true, and it has no similarities whatsoever to "The Chronicles of Riddick," then I'll see it. "I, Frankenstein" sounds neat. "The Tomb," Schwarzenegger and Stallone in a high tech prison, I'm sold.

October - "The World's End" ... Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Martin Freeman, directed by Edgar Wright? You had me at "The."

Winter Season - More obvious stuff, big names... "Ender's Game," new Hobbit, new Hunger Games, new Thor... and "47 Ronin" starring Keanu Reeves. Sure!
    Come on, Year. You are going so slow.

I saw "This is the End" and it was just fucking great! It amazed me what they convinced some of their buddies to do for that movie. Michael Cera steals the first 20 minutes and plays just about the biggest asshole you could imagine.

I'm actually halfway interested in Despicable Me 2. I loved the first one, so it's Eatned at least some interest.
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrin View Post
    so it's Eatned at least some interest.
    I don't think Sean Bean would be ok with this.

Autocorrect sucks.

That was supposed to be "earned"
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

I somehow still managed to forget about Jack the Giant Slayer.
    Went back and saw this... directed by Brian Singer, and it had a great cast -- Stanley Tucci, Ewan McGregor, Ian McShane, Bill Nighy, Warwick Davis, a bunch of character actors, and the kid from Warm Bodies -- and it was beautiful, but damn was it poorly written. Kind of torpedoed the whole thing. Worth watching for spectacle, at least.

Edit: It definitely got better over the course of the movie, though. More shitty dialogue on the front end, I guess.
    Last edited by Macheath; 07-05-2013 at 06:36 PM.