Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SimCity V

SimCity V

I've never really gotten into SimCity before, but shit this looks beautiful.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yea, and I have every other SimCity they've made, but I'm not keen on the online only play they've done for anti-piracy measures. The developers did an AMA a few weeks back and the whole thing was just people bitching about that aspect over and over again.

Jeez, yeah. The poor guys got reamed. "Kip" had some interesting things to say though, such as:

We're well aware of the issues you mention. Low bandwidth, spotty internet connections, monthly caps. We've built our server infastructure with this in mind. For example, we will support short periods of internet loss and giving player's options on upload caps. Probably doesn't satify all of your concerns, but we are aware of the issues and aiming to make it a great experience.

They also removed a great many features found in the last 2 or 3 games like subways and terraforming. Now I guess all cities are small and you have to pick a "role" of sorts for your city and work together with neighboring cities to make one large city to cover all the bases. There's no more do all big city that's self-sufficient I guess.

The more I read about it, the less appeal it has. I really hope it does poorly so they rethink some of their decisions.

I'd echo Drew's sentiments. There's a 'farmville' aspect that I just don't care for. I just want my sandbox.

It feels like they are shoehorning SimCity Societies into a larger scale...

That CitiesXL series is looking more appealing to try out now.
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

Ouch...
    Attached Images Attached Images

There are arcologies and placaeble airports in the new one, actually, but yea, there are a few elements missing.

However, the only major complaint I have right now is Origin being one of the worst software systems I've ever used. It basically sticks me at 100% checking for updates when I start the game up, and failing to advance to "Play" afterwards.
    Oooh, shiny!

Watching Clint's stream, he's playing this... he's got a big region set up, where he has one or two little towns and a bunch of his fans have neighboring towns connected by highways. They cooperate a bit when they need to import/export goods and services, but mostly they're autonomous. This is pretty neat really.

Really not enthused about Origin/EA though.

I haven't been able to play the game since Tuesday afternoon, due to the loader and servers fucking up.
    Oooh, shiny!