Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SimCity V

Alright, your post has pushed me over the edge, and I just bought it too. Remotely installing now, it should be good to go by the time I get home! I've been such a good boy lately, not adding too many games to my huge pile of unplayed Steam software, but... shit, $7.49 is too cheap.

Oh wow. They have the entirety for $10 including all expacs.
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

Modders have figured out how to make the game playable offline.

Better than that, they found that the code was actually very easy to mod to allow this, showing that the game was very likely designed to not require online only play, but changed late in the design process. They've also figured out how to increase city size and perhaps even turn on the terraforming toolbar that exists but is hidden.

Wowwwww. That's gonna hurt EA's credibility. *pause* Hahahaha

This could be glorious.
    Oooh, shiny!

Wow, more detail (with videos!) on the terrible pathfinding which displays a total void of anything resembling "AI."

Illustrative!

Good Christ.

GET ON THE BUS!
    Oooh, shiny!

The writing's a little sloppy, but it's still beautiful and sad.

"The Life of a Sim"

And then,

Tonight I'm going to go home and create a medium wealth house attached to a long road. When Richard and Mary go to work I'll bulldoze the road leaving a little circle for them to walk around in. I'll plant trees and put parks where they can see them, (but where they can't enter and suffer their life-ending powers). They can live in bliss together, at least until my city stops processing correctly and needs to be rolled back.