Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Go - Baduk - Weiqi

This is flippin awesome.

Michael Redmond (a 9-dan and one of the commentators on the official AlphaGo-Sedol streams from Google) had this to say in a Reddit AMA:

I don't think AlphaGo has really surpassed top pros yet, but maybe it will soon if they continue the self-learning process. Lee Sedol had a plan to beat AlphaGo, but it wasn't his style to play that kind of game. In trying to exploit a weakness of the program I think he warped his own style. A top player with a different style would have given Alpha more trouble, maybe.

Cho Chikun is among the greatest Go players of the 20th century. Here is a video of him running out of tea during a match, and nonchalantly stealing the judge's tea and drinking it.

I love the woman's reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by liuv View Post
    I tried to watch some stuff on this and quickly got either completely lost or unbelievably bored. Any good synopsis-type videos for the total Go Newb?
    Some game records with commentary were released today. Be still my beating heart!

Nice, a SUSD review!

Ok, I'm sold. Gonna look for that Switch game to play a bit more, but having only ever played it with Mac at Mac's house several years ago, I got a board, but have only used it to play Pente with people. Far easier to play and explain.

Gonna dust it off and try to get the kids interested. When that fails, I'm game to play online sometime.