Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Go - Baduk - Weiqi

Damn dude, get it together.

Some very interesting (and expensive) Go stones here:

http://www.algorithmicartisan.com/go.../goStones.html

They look like they have a pretty wide variance, like they're not at all uniform, which (depending on the two sets you picked to serve as "black" and "white") might make it tough to tell whose stone is whose.

Fucking Christ that's ridiculous.

Hey look man you can spend $600 on some nice abalone shell Go stones or you can spend it on Disney Infinity figures

Or you could be a hooker in Vegas and make enough money to buy both!

Wow... I'll add that to my wish list for when I have enough disposable income to feel comfortable buying cool things. Going with red and blue tigers eyes would be sweet. Or the tiger iron. Too many options!

And now I'm thinking the drawback would be owning cats and leaving the board out... *pa-ping!* *PING*... 50$ under the fridge.

Cats and call-girls just don't mix.

Wow. Just rewatched that video up at the top of the screen. This guy's a 9-dan (highest professional rank) and that's a mistake I would make. These games are usually decided by 1-2 points, and he gave up 10+ with that move alone, along with endangering all his stones on that whole half of the board (and they're right at the end of the game here).

The body language is awesome. Immediately after he places the stone, he stares at what he's done in disbelief. Then his opponent covers his face (probably hiding a shit-eating grin). And finally, the camera zooms out and the first guy is draped backwards over his chair.

Google/DeepMind's "AlphaGo" program has beaten reigning three-time European champion Fan Hui with a 5-0 record.

Now, Fan Hui's not in the top 500 players worldwide (#633), but he's still a pro -- and more importantly, Google's challenged Lee Sedol (#5) next.

Basically what I'm saying is, I'd better hurry up on my AI program if I want to overtake Google

These guys tried a three-player game of Go (third dude played as... almond):

ORhNZrg.jpg

I'm sure it moves fast as hell. Two moves in a row could swing any engagement, so two players conspiring against a third could utterly demolish him. For example, on the right side... if white and black are both in line to move before almond, they might be able to kill off his whole formation, one chunk at a time. Rather than fighting back, he'd need to figure out what he's going to lose, and where he can play right now to stop the bleeding three turns from now.