Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NES/SNES/Genesis/N64

Well, the iPega works as advertised, but sadly the HP Stream 7 produces an obnoxious feeback sound when you plug in headphones. Some sort of grounding problem in the hardware itself. I'm returning it to Amazon for my $70 back.

It's a shame, because otherwise the build quality seems pretty nice. But nope, I can't live with squealy static in my hearballs.

I suppose I could buy a pair of Bluetooth headphones. Hmmmm. But at some point, if you're buying three separate devices (that all need to be kept charged) to play Donkey Kong Country, you should probably just stick to 3DS games instead.

Bluetooth speakers/headphones are pretty awesome though, especially if you're walking more and more.

I'll give it some thought.

Boy, would it suck if I did buy Bluetooth headphones and somehow still heard feedback.

Alright yeah, I'll buy some BT earbuds and see how they work. Even if I'm still not impressed and want to return the tablet, I can probably find some use for BT earbuds.

Weird as it may sound, the Bluetooth earbuds made all the difference, and I now love this setup. As long as I can remember to keep all 58 devices charged.

To aid me in my charging challenge, I also bought this Photive 6-port 60W USB charger, which is supposedly "rapid" and "smart." Meaning, I guess, that it doesn't draw power when there are no devices plugged in. It has a nice long cord, it's really solidly built, and I am impressed by it. Which is good, because I'll be traveling with:

1. Nexus 5X smartphone
    2. Kindle Paperwhite
    3. HP Stream 7
    4. iPega controller
    5. Bluetooth earbuds
    6. Sansa MP3 player

Well shit that's all 6 ports.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    This is pretty sweet:

http://nintendoeverything.com/ninten...t-in-november/

Coming out on 11/11/2016.
    Heyyyy coming so soon now!

8235492f591440efbfc3509b841260fe.jpg

Also, I recently learned of the "Micomsoft Framemeister" (link 1, link 2, link 3) which is an upscaler that turns many inputs (down to and including shit-tier RCA composite) into an HD signal, with HDMI out. You could hook all your old consoles into a switch, then run it through this puppy and straight into your HDTV. Pretty freaking expensive though. Maybe some day when I have $350-400 I don't mind spending.

And also... there's this thing, the AVS by retroUSB. It's actual hardware (not an emulator box) and uses actual NES cartridges. SNES/Genesis are probably too tough to make this way, but NES is simple enough he could reverse engineer the hardware.

mmmm, yeah baby, give me some more reviews of 30 year old games

8235492f591440efbfc3509b841260fe.jpg
    Well dang, this is already sold out... unless you want to pay $200 on ebay.

I didn't think of it until after lunch today. There is one at a Target near Milwaukee apparently.