Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RELIGION

RELIGION

That's right, the R- word.

You're free to believe whatever you want. I just needed a thread to put this video in. Plus now we have a better place for pope news.

Ten more relevant commandments, anyone?

My parents are big fans of the old set, but they're a tad outdated if you ask me.

Ohhhh yeaaahhh!

(mormon jesus)

RELIGION!

Let's all remember the true meaning of Easter together: a celebration of Ostara, the pagan goddess of fertility.

PRAISE JESUS!

I couldn't get past the first 30 seconds.

FOX NEWS: You are a Muslim. Why would you write a book about Jesus?

MUSLIM: Well, to be fair, I have four degrees in religion and I've been studying Christianity for two decades. I'm not just some Muslim who decided to write about Jesus.

FOX NEWS: But that begs the question: why would you write a book about Jesus?

Somebody just linked me this "Argument From Desire" proof of God's existence. It's poorly written (language like a battering ram of obfuscation), absolutely jam-packed with bad premises and assumptions, and outright insulting: he addresses one major argument against his thesis by literally saying "you are stupid and a liar." I don't even know how to begin a civil reply to this.

Anything you desire must logically exist? So if I desire an affordable easy to use flying car then such a thing must exist? Sounds like "The Secret" to me.

Well, he'd say that you've just described an externally conditioned desire, rather than an innate or natural desire. His argument is that "nature makes no desire in vain."

Meanwhile, I'd say he's a loon who's breezing past all this psychological categorization as if it's simply a given, without even including it as one of the argument's premises (where someone might more easily take issue with it). Who says desires break down the way he says they do? Who says there are only two types? Who says his "desire for something more" isn't just a nebulous wish for happiness? Who says nature doesn't fuck people over by giving them infeasible desires?

All I know for sure is that Adam named the dinosaurs 6,000 years ago.