Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

I had a momentary sensation of panic when I read the name of this new Blizzard game. But no, it is not "Titan." Whatever "Titan" is, it has yet to be announced. This is also not an expansion or sequel to World of Warcraft.

Whew.

With that out of the way, this looks fun. It's free to play, and it's an online CCG/TCG (collectible/trading card game), like Magic... or the WoW CCG, for that matter. In fact, it might just be an online version of the WoW CCG.

The first ten seconds of this "behind the scenes" video are too ponderous for me, I'll watch it later.

"I THINK THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT FOR BLIZZARD, AAAAAAAAAAAAAND" oh shut up and show me the game, damn.

Also, I don't know what this is, but there are some interesting items on here...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow 2 expansions for D3 eh. I wonder if that is really still on the table.

Also, love a good TCG just wonder how much they are going to charge for a 5 card pack.

Never could see the appeal of playing an electronic C/TCG...

At least with Magic, or Pokemon TCG, or even Yu-Gi-Oh you were actually buying something with the booster packs.

Even if it is "Free to Play" you know there will be the requirement of buying booster packs if you want to advance your deck, and I have the feeling that they will only be available to those who pay money.
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

I've played one on Kongregate 'a little bit', Tyrant. It is a massive money sink if you want to be competitive. The power inflation of the cards is insane. I played it for a few minutes last week and was floored that the power/cost ratio on rare cards had nearly doubled since the last time I played.

Look like I have until late next year to level all my toons to 90!

Me, I'm wondering what "SC2 Phoenix" is. It was supposed to come out around the same time as HotS, apparently -- but that was a year late itself, so who knows.

I was about to leave for WonderCon when Ian pinged me on Skype and said "whoah, can you talk to GURKY about Hearthstone for a minute?" and I replied "what"

And then this happened. It's like Space Ghost, I like it.

Is anyone playing the beta? I just got an invite so seeing if anyone else is already rocking it