Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

Admittedly I haven't played in a while- since whatever the second beta was or whatever because it restarted me at "chicken" and gave me two stars for participating?

Anyway... I just went with my pwnadin deck (which is really nothing great iirc) and lost to the second boss. I probably should have not started with 3 4-pip cards. Whoops. I switched to my level 12ish druid (with whatever deck I had been messing around with for that) and took her down with me having 1 health a 2 armor left. Eep! Then I switched back to my paladin deck and killed Maexxna.

Here... I'll attach an image of my paladin deck. Nothing fancy. (and not being sarcastic)

http://imgur.com/sngq8dM

i beat all 3 heroic bosses yesterday and really did have to make decks specifically to deal with Anub and Maxx. I went with a mage deck for anub after trying several different options and had one health left at victory. Of the three I think he is the toughest. Second boss I one shot with the Zoo deck again. Maxx was an interesting fight made a pally deck with a very specific plan that worked but felt almost cheap to use that plan. All in all I think it was fun and made me create decks that I would not have put together but for those very specific purposes. If anyone wants to see the decks I used or what my plans were just let me know!

Oh look it's a free-to-play Hearthstone clone from Japan! Unfortunately it suffers from the same pay model, so even if I wanted another online card game to try out, I'd lose interest just as quickly as I did in Hearthstone.

I believe this is a first for me.... first game as Zarya, BAM, all the way up to level 4.

(Also happened to be my first win of the day, plus bonus holiday XP, plus a stimpak... no friend or group bonus, wonder if you can hit level 5 in a single game? Probably in Team League.....)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Played a little Hearthstone tonight. Tried out the new Kobold dungeon. It's actually a lot of fun. I took several cracks at it, and just now reached the final boss for the first time... and... the bosses all have some pretty freaking novel mechanics, but the final boss caught me way off-guard. I did a poor job of responding to his level of exceptional bullshit. Took him from 70 HP down to around 20-25 or so, but the avalanche had begun by that point, I had no chance.

EDIT: There, took another couple runs, reached the end boss again -- and after I tailored my whole fucking run for the Dragon boss I was expecting, instead I ended up with King Togwaggle or some shit, and he's just complete and utter chaos. He sort of fucked himself, and as soon as I recognized it, I let him keep going. He fucked himself harder and harder and eventually I won almost by default. Now I've beaten the dungeon... with the Mage deck. There are like 8 more decks to do it with.
    Last edited by Macheath; 01-09-2018 at 01:43 AM.

Uhhh. Just encountered "Chronomancer Inara" for the first time. So how's this fair, exactly?

1. Archmage's Insight - your spells cost 0 this turn
    2. Archmage Antonidas - whenever you cast a spell, add a Fireball to your hand

That's two cards, not even a tough combo to assemble. Infinite zero-mana Fireballs. I had 80 health, and died in one turn. Good to know the spirit of absolute horseshit combo decks lives on in Hearthstone.

I'm going to give this a try. I had reinstalled Hearthstone for one of their expansions (Naxxramas, I think), and enjoyed the PVE aspect of it. The PVP side is dead to me because there's no way in hell I'm going to spend what I'd need to in order to get back to competitive.

Same here. Man, the PVE is pretty dope. But fuck PVP unless it's against a friend who is similarly card-poor. In theory I could do a draft, or whatever those are called, Arena?

I'm already kinda getting sick of this raid, and I've only beaten it once. With the Mage deck, the randomness was just "fun spice" that kept it from being too hard or too easy. It was a nice challenge. So having beaten that, I tried -- a lot of times -- with a Warrior deck, and no matter what choices I make or what "meta" I go for, every single match is a long, painful slog, totally devoid of fun, and I often lose in the first few rounds (including, more than once, to the very first boss). Totally unbalanced.

So rather than continue beating my head against a wall, I switched to Priest. Just now, I got a Rod of Roasting (cast pyroblast randomly until someone dies). That sounds fun, right? Should probably cast it as a last resort, though, right? Well, I had 38 health, my opponent had 34... but he was rapidly pulling into the lead in minions and I wasn't going to be able to hold him off much longer. So with a total of ~10 targets on the board, I rolled the dice, anticipating a long, dramatic sequence that would culminate in one of us dying. Instead, I got hit in the face with 4 out of 6 pyroblasts, end of match.

Fuck that. I guess technically that might be random, but