Thread: Star Trek

Star Trek

NEW TRAILAH

SHERLOCK HOLMES AND ROBOCOP

OH MAN

New trailer for the next Star Trek

You're Mr. Trailers today!

THAT WAS FUCKIN AWESOME OH MAN I CAN'T WAIT OH MAN

Saw the movie last night and I think it was even better than the first one. I continue to love how JJ Abrams uses the whole 'new universe' thing to his advantage to tell the same story but in a new way (so to speak). Worth the money if you want to see a good action sci-fi (or just plain star trek) movie.

Just watched it myself. Abrams love affair with lens flair aside, it was a pretty good flick. A bit predictable and they tried a bit too hard to shoe-horn in some stuff for the nerds (myself included), but nothing really too unforgivable.

Though, Spock losing his shit and screaming while in tears was a bit too far though.

Watched it today. The only thing I felt was "shoe-horned" was KHAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!! along with the entire Kirk Dies, Spock Says Goodbye switcheroo. Well, and Leonard Nimoy's mini-cameo was a bit superfluous.

But none of that really diminished my enjoyment; great movie, loved it, will probably see it again with some other friends on Tuesday.

Anybody else notice for the first time that the Starfleet uniforms have a very specific pattern on them when viewed up close? You can kinda make it out in the YouTube preview image above. I never noticed before today.

Edit: Oh, and the scene where Sherlock Holmes kills all the Klingons? Fucking awesome.
    Last edited by Macheath; 05-18-2013 at 04:41 PM.

I saw it yesterday and enjoyed it immensely. Even the campy shoehorned parts. To my TC friends, Sunday matinee prices at the Mega Mall VIP 21+ theater are only $8, and it's happy hour from 4-6 so you can get $3 beers too.

Eep:

The new Star Trek movie is failing to beam-up as much as cash as had been hoped. "Star Trek Into Darkness" took in about $70-million U.S. and Canada over the weekend. That was enough to make it number one, but it's not exactly warp speed at the box office. The problem: “Iron Man 3” and “The Great Gatsby” are attracting large audiences. "Star Trek Into Darkness" cost Paramount and Skydance about $190-million to make.

Hey so this looks like a good video to watch later maybe! Because I like this Alice Eve person. And she was in Star Trek, did you know she was in Star Trek? I'm sure that's what this video is about. Yes sir, just Star Trek.