Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Star Trek

I've really been enjoying season 2 of Discovery. It's not star trek and I've settled on coming at it as a sci-fi show that shares some of the same characters as star trek but is not star trek. From that vantage point I can enjoy it. As just a generic sci-fi show it's not as good as The Expanse (I'm midway through season 3), but I feel it's worth my time.

I'm also most of the way through Orville season 1 and I love that too. I'm really enjoying my sci-fi show lineup.

I just watch the Jeliac episode and I found the way they reacted to finding out members of the first contact team were Jeliac to be unrealistic. I feel like they should have demanded that they be sent back to the ship. From their perspective, who knows what crazy magic seeming technology they might have had. If they truly believe these people are unfailingly violent criminals they should want them the fuck off the planet. Of course then they would have had to pad out the rest of the episode with something else.

Another good point! Weak episode.

It's even more fun knowing they're married in real life!

GORDON: Hey, if young Kelly and old Kelly meeting each other changed the timeline, would we even know?

KELLY: <narrowed eyes> How 'bout we say "past" and "present" Kelly?

EDIT: Old Kelly has a fantastic "everything's fine" face.

fine.jpg

EDIT: Holy shit, great ending. You're thinking it's gonna be a nice, tidy, happy Star Trek ending, right up until Mercer spills his regrets all over young Kelly... and then the mind wipe doesn't work, and you can see it all over her face (good acting!) when she gets back to the past... ouch.
    Last edited by Macheath; 04-20-2019 at 07:08 PM.

Well, if there's no season three, 2x14 was certainly a fun and interesting way to end things.

Though the science in this one was pretty bad if we're being honest

#RenewTheOrville, dammit.

Yay, season three incoming! Ratings were down for season two, so I'll look at this as a gift. You're playing with house money, MacFarlane, make it count.