Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Planetside 2

Planetside 2

A PS2 thread!

Apparently this is what the game used to look like at night, before a recent change to lighten things up. Beautiful, and scary to move around in. But I guess some people would just crank up their gamma and gain a huge advantage, so the devs brightened nights.

Apparently performance is a serious and known issue with the game. Sheil, here's a thread on reddit from a guy who does some .ini tweaking for better performance. He even does stuff like turning shadows off.

Also, I didn't even know reddit had a "wiki" feature, but here it is in action.

Here is a video of us playing.

I was gonna throw it up on reddit, but somebody already beat me to it. Throw it an upvote!

The Planetside subreddit is gold!

Dude piledrives his Sunderer into an enemy position at night, hops out, and kills like 40 people in the confusion:

Self explanatory (sorry I suggested VS guys my bad):

But there are benefits in the "shock and awe" category:

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    I was gonna throw it up on reddit, but somebody already beat me to it. Throw it an upvote!
    My favorite comment on that reddit thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...e_lulz/c9ghu8c

I tried playing this game, but I got basically instaraped by vehicles and aircraft.
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

Yeah, that happens a lot.

I just got this beauty. I'm afraid my graphics card may have overheated. If it doesn't fix itself after cooling down, I may be due to replace the poor old thing.

2013-04-16_00001.jpg

I also bought level 3 for my engineer's nano kit, since Liuv sounds like he wants to start trying the MAX suit.

Oh, and level 2 of the Sunderer acquisition timer (180 seconds faster now) and the mobile base ability thing. So we'll be able to drive up somewhere and start deploying.

My 5+ year old ATI "Radeon HD 4870 X2" is near the bottom of this list with a mere 1,311 unicornpoints.

Liuv's brand new nVidia "GeForce GTX 660" is near the top, with 4,664 unicornpoints.

Even if my card's undamaged, it may still be time to drag out the ol' wallet and head down to Fry's.