Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Planetside 2

Apparently you can type "/suicide" to redeploy faster!

Also, if you hit Alt-F, you get a FPS ticker. It also tells you whether you're CPU-bound or GPU-bound, which may give us all an indication of what our computers are capable of.

Both tips from the reddit wiki, which is worth a quick scan.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Apparently you can type "/suicide" to redeploy faster!

Also, if you hit Alt-F, you get a FPS ticker. It also tells you whether you're CPU-bound or GPU-bound, which may give us all an indication of what our computers are capable of.

Both tips from the reddit wiki, which is worth a quick scan.
    Awesome! I love that it'll tell you what your bottle neck is. I hate that my bottle neck will most-likely be my CPU because I was hoping I could get by for another couple years on my current MB+CPU combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
    Yea, my card isn't on that list. And I have only 4 GB of RAM so I'm behind on that too.

Damnit. Looks like this might be a bigger build than I thought.
    The guy who posted the images and requirements was doing it as a review of a review. He has a conclusion as well as a link to the original source at the bottom of his post. His conclusion states that he doesn't believe that 8GB is necessary due to the fact that the last image shows system memory usage of 1545MB for Low Setting and 1725MB for Highest Settings. That's less than 2 GB for the game.

People go crazy with RAM, but yeah, 4-6 GB is more than enough for nearly any game that's ever come out. For years, one of the things people would parrot when computers got slow was "upgrade your memory!" and that did help back when disk swapping was common, but that time has long gone.

It seemed to bounce back and forth between CPU and GPU.

That's about what I figured, meaning upgrading one and not the other may not matter.

Oh, and since we keep talking about Squad drops, but never do them:
    You unlock the Spawn Beacon from the Command certification tree. This allows your squad members to hot drop on your beacon, with some cooldown. The certification requires Battlerank 10.

I have BR10! MAYBE I'LL BLOW ALL MY DAMN CERT POINTS ON THAT!

ok that would be cool to be able to do.

472 MB patch, get it while it's hot.

23 MB patch

ok, you guys are getting much more play time then me. You will have to help me out a bit next time I play with you guys. What class are you guys running now. Did you end up going heavy? Mac are you still sticking with Engineer?